462 replies to this topic

#1 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 09:20 AM

My FF:

ST LOW next week, then bounce into end of month     65% probability

35% probability :  market makes new 2022 LOW next week, then bounces at end of week or first week in MAY

Basically, looking for a LOW - ST or IT, in this period of PEAK YIELDS, PEAK HAWKISHNESS, PEAK FEAR 

SentimenTrader Retweeted

dCmcRURr_normal.jpg

The latest poll of big money managers from Barron’s shows the 2nd-lowest percentage of bulls in the survey’s history. That is not a contrarian buy signal.

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 09:55 AM

The latest poll of big money managers from Barron’s shows the 2nd-lowest percentage of bulls in the survey’s history. That is not a contrarian buy signal.

Finally. someone gets it....

This type of situation is exactly where crashes happen...right after failures of the 200 day MA. with big air gaps between 200 and 900 day, and sentiment in the toilet...

Once the crash happens, then time to buy for a good relief rally based on the bad sentiment.

The last 2 days completely broke the charts...right where it was most likely to happen, some charts with pinpoint perfection.

I will be really surprised if we do see not some disasters from the remaining BIG 4 that report Tuesday and Thursday next week...the rot has been spreading for months now...building may be about to come down...

Still watching TSLA for the big clue early next week...if that one manages to stay above 1k, then perhaps I am wrong, but if starts to tumble out of the gate on Monday, Look Out Below

Edited by K Wave, 23 April 2022 - 09:56 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 10:04 AM

Atrocious long term action...and now Big Gappin' down again after a pause, as oscillator breaks to fresh low...

IF 12600 goes bye bye early next week....

sum.png

Edited by K Wave, 23 April 2022 - 10:04 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 10:13 AM

How are those MEGA monthlies shapin' up?

Barring a big time earnings pop, not looking so hot, eh?

As I have been repeating ad nauseam for months now, watch the Mega Caps.....not exactly rocket science...

AAPL

aaapl.png

AMZN

amzn.png

MSFT

msft.png

GOOGL

go.png

NDX

ndx.png

#5 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 12:17 PM

This settles it: will be UP next week, after one or more "oversold" declines

Saturday Poll. The next 100 points for the S&P?
  •  
    UP
    46.2%
  •  
    DOWN
    53.8%
3,268 votes·Final results

#6 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,185 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 12:19 PM

my FF: One or 2 HUGE declines, possible testing ES 4100, then UP

Basically a WASHOUT selling plunge... then UP, then DOWN into FED meeting

This type of situation is exactly where crashes happen...right after failures of the 200 day MA. with big air gaps between 200 and 900 day, and sentiment in the toilet...

Once the crash happens, then time to buy for a good relief rally based on the bad sentiment.

The last 2 days completely broke the charts...right where it was most likely to happen, some charts with pinpoint perfection.

I will be really surprised if we do see not some disasters from the remaining BIG 4 that report Tuesday and Thursday next week...the rot has been spreading for months now...building may be about to come down...

Still watching TSLA for the big clue early next week...if that one manages to stay above 1k, then perhaps I am wrong, but if starts to tumble out of the gate on Monday, Look Out Below

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 23 April 2022 - 03:52 PM

This settles it: will be UP next week, after one or more "oversold" declines

Saturday Poll. The next 100 points for the S&P?
  •  
    UP
    46.2%
  •  
    DOWN
    53.8%
3,268 votes·Final results

IF we do not get all out crash then, yes, possible crash gets delayed until October on those Monthly charts.

But we are certainly in a vulnerable spot as we head into possible Mega Cap disasters next week, and with Rusty looking especially stinky...

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,800 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 06:18 AM

My FF:

ST LOW next week, then bounce into end of month     65% probability

35% probability :  market makes new 2022 LOW next week, then bounces at end of week or first week in MAY

Basically, looking for a LOW - ST or IT, in this period of PEAK YIELDS, PEAK HAWKISHNESS, PEAK FEAR 

SentimenTrader Retweeted

dCmcRURr_normal.jpg

I agree, pain first, the a bounce, Wall St  wants the market lower so they cream it on Friday (nobody wants to hold through weekend)shorts paradise. We need a Friday that breaks that string. (JMHO)

#9 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 09:27 AM

[quote name="K Wave" post="864678" timestamp="1650725754"][quote name="dTraderB" post="864672" timestamp="1650723611"]
[/quote]

Still watching TSLA for the big clue early next week...if that one manages to stay above 1k, then perhaps I am wrong, but if starts to tumble out of the gate on Monday, Look Out Below[/yquote]

Why would TSLA drop, it had outstanding earnings. I bought and added calls.

If anything, short AMZN.

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 24 April 2022 - 09:55 AM

Those Tesla earnings are in the past, and the rest of the world is rapidly catching up and surpassing Tesla.

The high end Tesla's have already been completely outclassed...Model S/X sales were tiny, and Rivian R1S not even rolling of the line yet in any kind of volume.

Seriously, who wants a Wannabe SUV when you can have a glorious real deal

https://topelectrics...an-r1s-details/

Only a matter of time until Tesla gets outgunned on low end as well.

Friend of the family is a Tesla production manager, and admits Tesla quality has major issues, and is getting quite frustrated that he cannot seem to get anyone to listen to him about his improvement ideas.

And Lightning about to strike....

https://media.ford.c...ng-strikes.html

Don't get me wrong, I am a huge fan of the revolution Tesla has led, but I am not a religious zealot, and pretty clear those leading days may be nearing their end.

I am going to buy an electric pickup sometime in the next couple of years once they get the kinks worked out, and no way it is going to be a Tesla.