Photo

Always enjoy listening to Jim Grant's ideas

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 04:08 PM

Great historical advice. Are you prepared?

https://www.mornings...e-long-view/160

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#2 MDurkin

MDurkin

• Traders-Talk User
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 May 2022 - 08:04 PM

Good interview thanks.

#3 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 04:46 AM

Chilidawgz, thanks so much for a dose of sanity bright and early Monday morning before Wall Street insanity begins.  What most don't understand is that the dollar is now simply a medium of exchange, not a store of wealth.  In and of itself, it is worthless.  It is needed to let a barber hire a plumber without having to cut his hair.  Going from a fiat back to a store of wealth based currency is possible, however, it would probably require a multi-metal system using gold, silver, platinum, nickel, manganese, lithium, you name it metals due to the amount required, but it wouldn't let Uncle Sam run constant deficits which is their bread and butter, so it's not likely to happen, that is until the big reset.

Regards,

Douglas

#4 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 09:05 AM

Everything is a store of trading for everyone.... I remember way back in the day while we waited in the long lines at disneyland I was trading on my Palm pilot with Lind Waldock or it may have been Mf global can't remember if they had bought them yet lol!!!  Now everyone is trading off their phones easily and that has changed the entire atmosphere of trading and people are experiencing their first real pullback that the market doesn't just go up.  Think we'll see chop and grind grind grind as we make newer and newer lows for some time to come but crash,,,, not yet.....

#5 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:45 AM

Yeppers...that Pic Perfect Hangin' Man on TQQQ did indeed lead to carnage...could not ask for a better looking Monthly Candle at the end of a huge bubble run for a Grand Finale

2/3 haircut...I wonder how many of the "market only goes up" folks are getting destroyed in this thing....

tqqq.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:50 AM

Apple meanwhile, a bit slower out of the Gate after its Grand Finale 3 TRILLION DOLLAR Hangin' Man...

May see a "Rich Strike" move through the pack soon....(one of the best rides by a Jockey I have ever seen yesterday getting through all that traffic, and a hell of horse to be able to do it)

AAPL.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 09 May 2022 - 11:54 AM

Trannies takin' aim on the low of day