BEAR MARKET rally -- Painful Squeeze almost over

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 07:49 AM

Likely see a bit more of a bounce here, profit stop 4030 for the cash open, likely sell above....

#12 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:05 AM

Out for a nice 10 point profit, wait for the cash open to see about selling again, market does need to cool off a bit....

#13 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:33 AM

Also looking for VST & ST "Shorting the bounce" trades 

Out for a nice 10 point profit, wait for the cash open to see about selling again, market does need to cool off a bit....

#14 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:33 AM

Had only 15 TLT CALLS, adding more

#15 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:37 AM

Maybe I just call it a day and month after good NQ daytrades profits this morning, especially with that 9:30 to 9:34 plumge

Great MAY 2022.... going easy today, final day, will trim positions even further...   may start new XRT ETF position 

#16 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 08:55 AM

Me to d, I'm actually getting a little tired from day trading, this is my 15 month without a loss, every trade posted live here!!  Feeling like I should take the summer off or just do some trend trading.  Was super bullish last week, now I'd rather short again, so much easier just selling option premium!!  Which btw took my $8 profit on the sold 4200 calls.  Still holding my 4300 calls for an average sell of $20.50, 4400 $8, 3500 puts $20 and 3200's $10.  Getting tempted to take profits on my puts as they are so low now....

#17 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,006 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:16 AM

This is just a technical pullback, not the end of the rally.......................

#18 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:28 AM

I know how you feel, it is just temporary fatigue, accumulated stress etc, the normal way a trader feels after a few months. BUT, after a few days or week or two, of R&R, a traders cannot wait to get back into the markets! 
I plan 2 weeks off at end of June into July, maybe more but I cannot stay away from the markets for much longer! 
However, during the next month or so I will trade less -- IF THAT IS POSSIBLE! -- but I will try. 

The best way for a trader to handle this is to TRADE LESS, R&R for day or two, do not force being away for two long MAINLY because a disgruntled trader on vacation who yearns to trade is NOT pleasant company for the family! 

So, take it easy, trade in & out, do not force it, and play it as you feel comfortable. I am a trader, cannot keep away too long from the markets, I set alerts all the time - at home or on vacation - and take short breaks whenever I feel like it.  In this way I do not have fixed trading schedules & time off... 

ALSO, the law of averages & human nature, fatigue, jaded feelings, etc will affect trading after continuous periods of weeks & months. 

I feel like that now so I am taking it easy, setting alerts, writing long posts like this one etc LOL.... 

Me to d, I'm actually getting a little tired from day trading, this is my 15 month without a loss, every trade posted live here!!  Feeling like I should take the summer off or just do some trend trading.  Was super bullish last week, now I'd rather short again, so much easier just selling option premium!!  Which btw took my $8 profit on the sold 4200 calls.  Still holding my 4300 calls for an average sell of $20.50, 4400 $8, 3500 puts $20 and 3200's $10.  Getting tempted to take profits on my puts as they are so low now....

#19 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 09:30 AM

If I were you, I would take profits on the PUTs... take profits regularly so you do not have to monitor the markets all the time, and can take breaks, time off etc

I know how you feel, it is just temporary fatigue, accumulated stress etc, the normal way a trader feels after a few months. BUT, after a few days or week or two, of R&R, a traders cannot wait to get back into the markets! 
I plan 2 weeks off at end of June into July, maybe more but I cannot stay away from the markets for much longer! 
However, during the next month or so I will trade less -- IF THAT IS POSSIBLE! -- but I will try. 

The best way for a trader to handle this is to TRADE LESS, R&R for day or two, do not force being away for two long MAINLY because a disgruntled trader on vacation who yearns to trade is NOT pleasant company for the family! 

So, take it easy, trade in & out, do not force it, and play it as you feel comfortable. I am a trader, cannot keep away too long from the markets, I set alerts all the time - at home or on vacation - and take short breaks whenever I feel like it.  In this way I do not have fixed trading schedules & time off... 

ALSO, the law of averages & human nature, fatigue, jaded feelings, etc will affect trading after continuous periods of weeks & months. 

I feel like that now so I am taking it easy, setting alerts, writing long posts like this one etc LOL.... 

#20 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 10:21 AM

Hope y'all had a nice long weekend.

Was nice break and got to have some fun. Highlight was driving a Ferrari on the Circuit of the Americas track!

Kids now off to camp, so back to the markets...

The easy no brainer air gap trade on Rusty to 1900 once we got above 1800 is now done...

Now watching Trannies to see how they handle this back test  of 14200...

Took another flyer on Crude when July contract spiked toward 120 this AM..

Looking for a possible full reversal day back under 116

IF that happens then possible failure swing high now in place...and a breach of 110 would seal it in.

But, if it finds it footing right about here, and then DOES take out 120, then who knows how high it might go...

BTC has the makings of a possible IT bottom after that huge battle, but needs to clear about 32500 before it goes back below 30K

Edited by K Wave, 31 May 2022 - 10:21 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy