Traders Talk Board Semtiment

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:25 AM

tomorrow Powell calms them down a little, provides some hope and they buy the rumour. Don't ask me when they will sell the news though. (JMHO)

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,020 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:50 AM

98% of the NYSE volume was on the downside. Oct 19 1987 has the record at 99.8%, but that's only 1.8% more.

My WSS Surveyees were heavily Neutral this weekend and these folks are experienced traders and investors. When they're "confused" or unsure, it's likely a marker for some sort of possible non-trivial turn shortly.

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:50 AM

Inflation is mostly stemming from oil. Which leaves Powell little choice except to crash the economy to improve the inflation conditions. 

We have an incompetent administration that has a war on oil and gas, Powell cannot do anything about that. 

Edited by MikeyG, 14 June 2022 - 09:50 AM.

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#4 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:54 AM

98% of the NYSE volume was on the downside. Oct 19 1987 has the record at 99.8%, but that's only 1.8% more.

My WSS Surveyees were heavily Neutral this weekend and these folks are experienced traders and investors. When they're "confused" or unsure, it's likely a marker for some sort of possible non-trivial turn shortly.

M

Thanks Mark. Hopefully he gives them some kind of hope to grasp on to, everything starts with hope, the rest comes later.

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:57 AM

MikeyG you are correct. War on oil is main culprit. Also contributing dependence on Chinese imports. The harsh lockdowns in China are a factor. And Multi-Trillion dollar federal deficits (excess spending with printed money) is another major factor in inflation.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:33 PM

Yes, thanks Mark for posting WSS survey info.
I am personally not confused.
In January 2022, I saw more clear signs of impending bear conditions than I have seen I decades. I remained 100% out of stocks in January.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#7 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 02:46 PM

Yes, thanks Mark for posting WSS survey info.
I am personally not confused.
In January 2022, I saw more clear signs of impending bear conditions than I have seen I decades. I remained 100% out of stocks in January.

Yeah, you never make a mistake in the market do you? No option or futures trades, just trading your millions in and out of SPY, and in hindsight at that, who could lose?

Edited by CLK, 14 June 2022 - 02:47 PM.

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 02:48 PM

Last time I made a mistake in markets was 1974.

Never had a losing year since 1974.

#9 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 02:57 PM

Since you asked, I will post my plan for 2022.
Just bought SPX index funds, total 18% of trading capital. Will do dollar cost averaging every month, regardless of if market is up or down, until 70% of trading capital is in by year end.
My holding period is as usual 1-3 years. I will start selling after minimum 25% profit and 12 months holding period to pay tax at lower rate.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 03:16 PM

By the way in 1974 I was trading individual stocks.
I kept buying AVT stock at 25 and kept dollar averaging until it dropped into single digits. I had 5000 shares at that point.
Then I made the mistake of buying 1000 more shares at 7 on margin.
The price dropped more and I got margin call. I panicked and sold 6000 shares at 5 and fraction because I had monney to cover margin call.
Ok so I lost $50k which could buy a Rolls Royce in 1974.
But I was young and did not jump out of my basement window.

What depressed me came 2 or 3 years later, AVT was trading at $65. Never touched margin again.