Photo

How is it possible that inflation explodes ?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:38 AM

How is it possible that they go on printing for a decade without any little sign of inflation......and then, ten years later you wake up one day and overnight inflation has literally exploded ? 

Is that the fifht mystery of some exotic religion......maybe ? 

Edited by andr99, 14 June 2022 - 09:43 AM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:52 AM

Biden promised to end oil and gas. It's a simple as that.

I thought it was campaign rhetoric but it wasn't. 

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 09:57 AM

It is a snowball of shortages and companies then charging more to cover costs so everything goes up....   Crude is up 2% again today..    Lumber and Aluminum is going lower and are way off their highs...  I don't see a large problem with underlying inflation outside of fuel...    In fact there has not been fuel shortages in the US.   Economist are touting 3/4 of a point...   Given a slowdown in autos and homes I would say 1/2 is more reasonable given we are already starting to top...

#4 MikeyG

MikeyG

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:00 AM

It is a snowball of shortages and companies then charging more to cover costs so everything goes up....   Crude is up 2% again today..    Lumber and Aluminum is going lower and are way off their highs...  I don't see a large problem with underlying inflation outside of fuel...    In fact there has not been fuel shortages in the US.   Economist are touting 3/4 of a point...   Given a slowdown in autos and homes I would say 1/2 is more reasonable given we are already starting to top...

I agree inflation is starting to top except in black gold. This is not a Fed issue. This is the green new deal. 

When you lose your job it's a depression. 

When your neighbor loses there job it's a recession. 

And when Boden loses his job it's prosperity. 

mdgcapital@protonmail.com  

papilioinvest.com

@papilioinvest

"One soul is worth more than the whole world." 

#5 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 10:43 AM

How is it possible that they go on printing for a decade without any little sign of inflation......and then, ten years later you wake up one day and overnight inflation has literally exploded ? 

Is that the fifht mystery of some exotic religion......maybe ? 

Supply side

#6 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,943 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:35 PM

If this R-U war stops inflation should drop dramatically.  Biden should do something in this direction...........................

Edited by redfoliage2, 14 June 2022 - 12:36 PM.

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:46 PM

If this R-U war stops inflation should drop dramatically.  Biden should do something in this direction...........................

this war will end only when russia is defeated......until then the russians will go on bombing Ukraine with long run missiles and will protest if the West gives them to Ukraine too. They will consolidate the Donbass by bombing it

100% then they will send people from russia to live there and will start bombing the remaining parts of Ukraine. Always from far away, because their tanks are ineffective and they don' t want to count losses. So this war will

end when the Ukrainians are given  long run missiles to hit the russian bases where the missile attacks come from.......personally I would give the Ukrainians missiles that can hit the russian territory as well      

Edited by andr99, 14 June 2022 - 12:47 PM.

#8 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 12:51 PM

Beside the supply and demand factors mentioned above, another answer is the lack of productivity which absorbs inflationary tendencies.

https://tinyurl.com/yc4nf79m

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#9 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 01:01 PM

Ukraine is more corrupt than any other country in Europe including South Italy LOL.
You are free to send money/arms to Ukraine from Italy. Ukraine much closer to Italy than USA. I do not want USA to send anything to Ukraine because we already have a national debt bigger than our GDP. Borrow more money to send in the black hole of Ukraine corruption? No thank you.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 14 June 2022 - 01:19 PM

Ukraine is more corrupt than any other country in Europe including South Italy LOL.
You are free to send money/arms to Ukraine from Italy. Ukraine much closer to Italy than USA. I do not want USA to send anything to Ukraine because we already have a national debt bigger than our GDP. Borrow more money to send in the black hole of Ukraine corruption? No thank you.

pdx5......after so much time under russian communism how can you pretend they are not corrupt.......? But here it's not a matter of Ukraine and russia.....it's a matter of West and russia. russia has declared war to the West.

They want another world order where they rule together with china......in my opinion they can go to fu@@ off and I would give the Ukrainians, corrupt or not that they are, all the means to destroy russia

btw....no one in the world can be more corrupt than the south of ......italy ?....(is that italy ?)

Edited by andr99, 14 June 2022 - 01:21 PM.