The BOUNCE, then the PLUNGE, again

• Please log in to reply
345 replies to this topic

#281 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:44 AM

For bears, all about UVXY holding what appears to be a big breakout brewing....

uvxy.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#282 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:54 AM

Good morning sleep in a little and wake up to an interesting market.  No I don't read it as a crash, think I've been around to long maybe lol!  Maybe the new norm is -1.40% is a crash lol!!  To me it's a great time for more buying.  The pop yesterday got me out of my long for a 2 point profit at 3792 and when I came back was starting my long build at 3775 and overnight got a couple of my pajama traders to fill me giving me a nice long even average of 3750.  This is going to be an interesting day and we'll see if we actually stay down on the day after the cash open. I'm still thinking bonds will be peaking sooner than later but either way the "grind" will continue where traders make money on both the long and short side

#283 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,477 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 07:58 AM

Forgot to mention that I added to my NDX trade this morning with an average 11525 long now but again that is a longer term trade...

#284 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:01 AM

Somebody is obsessed with crashes....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#285 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:17 AM

Gold back testing the broken pivot...could be a big moment of truth here....

#286 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:24 AM

Testing 3650 is a long shot today but a better than 50/50 probability. 

Needs more FEAR for a sustainable LOW ---

"We are not willing to throw in the towel yet. For one thing, we need it to cry into." - - Alan Abelson, Barron's, June 5, 1995
Quote Tweet

JdPd6ZJc_mini.jpg

Jurrien Timmer
@TimmerFidelity
· Sep 22
Not throwing in the towel: It’s surprising how little capitulation there has been in the market. Yes, the sentiment surveys are all negative, but actual flows have not been. This seems consistent with the lack of volatility in the market (as illustrated by the muted VIX).

#287 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:26 AM

A September Friday!  Late September Friday..... September LOWS beckon

Someone replied to a previous post with "JUNE LOWs" but no, we are talking about the annual September LOWS that could be lower than previous 2022 LOWS

Thanks for all your replies and participation, posts etc in these Community Trading posts

Cannot be an outside (AKA key) reversal day. That requires: 1. Outside day bar 2. Extended price condition 3. Closing price change in the direction of reversing that extended condition. BUT! Having a bullish reversal signal get wiped away can be a bearish signal.
Quote Tweet

tjIsoy6__mini.jpg

Walter Deemer

@WalterDeemer
· Sep 21
At 2:45 we had an upside outside reversal day. An hour later we have a downside outside reversal day.

#288 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:27 AM

In my latest AAII Investor Update, I discuss the Fed & recession risks: *Bond yields are the highest since 2011 *Depending on what you look at, the yield curve signaling a slowdown or recession *Opportunities still exist for savvy investors https://aaii.com/investor-update

#289 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,212 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:28 AM

Later....

This morning's gaps: 373.44 in $SPY and 278.82 in $QQQ.
Since the September 13th gaps (408.46 and 308.18) were never filled, a failure to fill today's gaps relatively quickly would be ominous.

#290 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 23 September 2022 - 08:46 AM

TSLA exhibiting classic 3 drive aftermath...