Advantage BEARS - unfinished business below ES 3650; October bounce

• Please log in to reply
562 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:41 AM

Looks like site I was looking at before had wrong date for PAYX,  CTAS earnings...Not today, but Wednesday.

NKE Thursday.

This earnings season could be one of the more important ones in a while...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:44 AM

WSJ: Buying The Dip In 2022 Has The Worst Performance Since the 1930s: https://wsj.com/articles/buying-the-stock-market-dip-is-backfiring-this-year-11664064845 via FOMC policy cluster$#@%^&$&. Check. Next step: Official Burial.

Imagine that...bull tactics not working after the 40 year cycle turn...I am Shocked I tell you...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 06:49 AM

I do not follow the VALUE LINE INDEX but I am hearing more about it recenlty:

But when it comes to a bigger picture outlook, and putting in the work before we even open up the app, well that's where the Value Line Indexes come into play.

Here we're looking at the Value Line Geometric Index, which gives us a good look at what the "median" stock is doing in the market.

Look at all that resistance going back to 1998.

Where prices stopped going up in '98 is exactly where they stopped going up in '07 and in '14, which were 2 more important peaks in equities.

Well here we are back to all those former resistance levels. Will it turn in to support,  completing this correction? Or will it collapse and turn into a disaster for this market?

This is a Monthly Chart, and this candle has yet to be completed. 

Here is the chart...

Huge Monthly Breakout/Fakeout at 500 for 40 yr top brewing?

Valug.png

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:08 AM

Thanks.  

Looks bearish ...

But when it comes to a bigger picture outlook, and putting in the work before we even open up the app, well that's where the Value Line Indexes come into play.

Here we're looking at the Value Line Geometric Index, which gives us a good look at what the "median" stock is doing in the market.

Where prices stopped going up in '98 is exactly where they stopped going up in '07 and in '14, which were 2 more important peaks in equities.

Well here we are back to all those former resistance levels. Will it turn in to support,  completing this correction? Or will it collapse and turn into a disaster for this market?

Here is the chart...

Valug.png

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:09 AM

OK, I see, that RED LINE is the support to which they referred... 

if broken, then big drop

if support holds then rally

Thanks.  

Looks bearish ...

Here is the chart...

Valug.png

#26 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:13 AM

Looking at my stock/etf candidates, buying a few, gradually building.... I like XLF, a few banks  -- LT Portfolio still only 17% invested 

UVXY PUTS after 9:30am

TLT CALLS. sell TLT January PUTS

#27 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:18 AM

After last weeks heavy volatility, #ES_F is now chopping between 3660-3700 as it sets up its next big leg & another volatile week seasonally. Bulls in danger as long as <3700 Plan today: 3700 must clear to start relief leg to 3720, 3755. 3660 fails, we see 3645 (strong), 3600

#28 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,167 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:20 AM

I agree except you go to buy when there is technical extreme bearishness - fear, sentiment extremely bearish, and you must take calculated risks ... 

Even though I'm currently aggressively short the market, and I think we're going lower, now is not the time to be initiating new shorts. Wait for a rally. And unless you're a very nimble short-term trader, it's no time to try to be a hero on the long-side. Wait for good pitches.

After last weeks heavy volatility, #ES_F is now chopping between 3660-3700 as it sets up its next big leg & another volatile week seasonally. Bulls in danger as long as <3700 Plan today: 3700 must clear to start relief leg to 3720, 3755. 3660 fails, we see 3645 (strong), 3600

#29 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,649 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 07:53 AM

BTC still holding...

Until that king of speculation breaks down, bears may have a tough time making much more progress.

IF BTC fails to break soon, and VIX starts coming back down, could be early warning bears do not have firepower to take it over the edge...

#30 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,463 posts

Posted 26 September 2022 - 08:13 AM

Taking my time this morning as it takes a long time reading all the bearish news that the end is near.  Makes me feel good that at least someone continues to talk about the "grind" as once again we wake up to a market down but no where near a crash, just very oversold and put premiums through the roof!!!  Nonetheless with the selling when I woke up and saw the S&P down -30 it was easy to add to my long to bring it down to 3728 and my Ndx trade to 11473, long term hold.