Posted 28 September 2022 - 10:17 AM

or another fake start ? 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 10:28 AM

Doesn't have that feel as you look at bonds but it'll depend on all the Fed speak coming out that could blow up the party lol!! 

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:16 PM

Put options were at record highs. Wall Street bankers selling those would have been crushed if stocks would have capitulated today. They most likely communicated that to the FED who communicated it to the BOE. Another bank bailout by BOE no matter how much inflation it creates.

Edited by pdx5, 28 September 2022 - 01:19 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 01:27 PM

Today'rally looks suspicious. AAPL finally broke support and futures were down over 1%. Nord Stream 1 & 2 where sabotaged. All four Ukrainian provinces voted to join Russia and everyone was worked up about them using nukes. It looked like stocks were finally going to capitulate. Then BOOM, out of the blue, the BOE just happens to decide to do QE today? Looks like a pre-planned event. The 10Y ^TNX is now down 5%. Saying that now markets believe the Fed too will panic. Stocks are soaring squeezing the bears who just happened to be holding a record number of Puts. So yes, their trick worked, but what about inflation?

Look at commodities soar. They are sending them back to the moon. Whatever happened too we must fight inflation no matter what? Well...we will tune in to what Powell has to say today. He is scheduled to give a speech today.

Another thing to consider is end of quarter is here. They want the quarterly reports to look as good as possible.

Edited by pdx5, 28 September 2022 - 01:33 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#5 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:04 PM

just in case no one noticed, both daily and weekly macd of the spx were screaming ''long'' 

#6 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:21 PM

just in case no one noticed, both daily and weekly macd of the spx were screaming ''long'' 

Then BOE (Bank of England) had no reason to panic and buy 65 billion pounds of UK bonds to stem bond rout. MACD was here to bail them out anyway. May be BOE does not trust MACD.

Edited by pdx5, 28 September 2022 - 02:23 PM.

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:43 PM

Then BOE (Bank of England) had no reason to panic and buy 65 billion pounds of UK bonds to stem bond rout. MACD was here to bail them out anyway. May be BOE does not trust MACD.

maybe they don' t trust the MACD, but I do

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 02:56 PM

What is MACD saying for tomorrow?

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 03:15 PM

for tomorrow I should look at some hourly macd, but I trade the long term (some months) so I only watch daily and weekly macd and they are saying the bear is over. However if, as I suspect, the reversal I was waiting for, took hold today, what can you expect tomorrow ? Upside continuation. You don' t need the macd for that....... 

Edited by andr99, 28 September 2022 - 03:16 PM.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 28 September 2022 - 06:54 PM

for tomorrow I should look at some hourly macd, but I trade the long term (some months) so I only watch daily and weekly macd and they are saying the bear is over. However if, as I suspect, the reversal I was waiting for, took hold today, what can you expect tomorrow ? Upside continuation. You don' t need the macd for that....... 

Futures are down for tomorrow.