started ?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 07:53 AM

Today'rally looks suspicious. AAPL finally broke support and futures were down over 1%. Nord Stream 1 & 2 where sabotaged. All four Ukrainian provinces voted to join Russia and everyone was worked up about them using nukes. It looked like stocks were finally going to capitulate. Then BOOM, out of the blue, the BOE just happens to decide to do QE today? Looks like a pre-planned event. The 10Y ^TNX is now down 5%. Saying that now markets believe the Fed too will panic. Stocks are soaring squeezing the bears who just happened to be holding a record number of Puts. So yes, their trick worked, but what about inflation?

Look at commodities soar. They are sending them back to the moon. Whatever happened too we must fight inflation no matter what? Well...we will tune in to what Powell has to say today. He is scheduled to give a speech today.

Another thing to consider is end of quarter is here. They want the quarterly reports to look as good as possible.

Commodities soar, wish I could put up charts, oil is at $80, unleaded gas around $2.50, soybeans 1400 from 1750 in July, wheat 900 from 1300 in July, cotten 90 from 150 in June.  The overall CRB is 267 from 330 in June.  Those are yesterday's closes.  Prices may be high but that's because they are price gouging now!! 

#12 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 08:51 AM

they don' t want to make it easy it seems...

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:00 AM

You're your own worst enemy on this one since you still haven't taken the time to either research or work with the MACD for any length of time to make such a call. Being a technician is not just looking at an indicator and then wondering if it will work in theory based on patterns of the past...there's a whole lot of personal and complimentary work that goes with it in one's effort to fully understand what the math is actually telling you at any given moment and/or time scale

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 29 September 2022 - 10:26 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:31 AM

You're your own worst enemy on this one since you still haven't taken the time to either research or work with the MACD for any length of time to make such a call. Being a technician is not just looking at an indicator and then wondering if it will work in theory based on patterns of the past...there's a whole lot of personal and complimentary work that goes with it in one's effort to fully understand what the math is actually telling you at any given moment and/or time scale

Fib

thank you I will keep it in mind........but please remember to tell the same to your friend da-desaparecido because he also is on the long side here because he thinks the bottom was in June

#15 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:47 AM

what amazes me is that you talk to me about math......I learned to solve multiple integrals by myself after being taught at high school how to solve simple ones. Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated  

#16 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 04:32 PM

what amazes me is that you talk to me about math......I learned to solve multiple integrals by myself after being taught at high school how to solve simple ones. Thank you for your suggestions, much appreciated  

Yes, we have discussed this many times in the past which is why I don't really understand your negative stance on technical analysis...especially when you use several forms of it as a reference for your various posts. This is one of the reasons why I continue to try to redirect your focus to hopefully help you along over all these many years (with, unfortunately, very little success), with a secondary agenda that maybe others will pick up the ball and run with it in their own work.

Now...you have now brought up my lack of public fairness when it comes to Don Wolanchuk in our recent discussions, so let me be absolutely clear. Don has been around close to 50 years in this business and has had great success over this same time. Some of his direct tutelage comes from one of the founding fathers of modern technical analysis, Joe Granville, and from this, Don has racked up (at least) 17 first place awards from Timer's Digest alone. Because of this, not only does he deserves everyone's respect when it comes to technical analysis, but there's really nothing I could say that wouldn't sound condescending. To wit...if Don wants my opinion, he'll ask for it. Otherwise, one can either take it or leave it. Personalities aside, he remains one of the best out there or he wouldn't have a client base. So instead of fighting with him, I would suggest that people ask him genuine questions about his work. From what I've seen over the years, if a legitimate technical question is offered, he has been more than happy to give a reply....especially to those who have shown a keen interest and/or provided substantive posts in the past. As I've said to you before, it's far better to just disregard his posts if they grate on you than to have a food fight on a public message board which is not at all in the spirit of what we're all trying to do here...to beat the market at its own game. The markets are our enemy...not each other.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#17 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 05:02 PM

I respect cheif, I just said that he disappears when the market drops. Then I also said that if I' m wrong with my current bullish point of view, then he is wrong as well, because he said the bottom was in June, but you go on saying I' m wrong and you never say he is wrong too. However......never mind. This is not so important.......this is just a forum and we' re all here to make money, everyone with his own way. You with yours and me with mine. 

#18 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 03:50 AM

I am long and I need to take TA lessons, another one is long as I am, but he doesn' t need to take TA lessons        LOL 

When someone has something to sell 2+2=5            LOL

#19 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,213 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:12 AM

And what I have said on here a million times, everyone needs to respect all opinions on here unless they are going to put up live trades to show people where they are in trades.  Not going to mention who but there are people on here who come out and have attacked andr for his opinion and show nothing of what they are doing so in my view they should just keep their mouths shut and just provide their opinion...

#20 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 08:53 AM

I' m always under attack by just one poster who I think wants to sell me his market service. Thank you, I can do by myself.

this post is not meant to offend anyone as it is legitimate trying to sell something to someone, but clearly it' s also legitimate doing things with no searched help from anybody

Edited by andr99, 30 September 2022 - 08:57 AM.