spx possible path

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 03:29 AM

right or wrong......up to 3930 then down to 3750.......then up to close the gap at 4250 on the daily. Then probably even joe six pack will be convinced the bear is over

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 03:43 AM

BTW....when the spx gets to 4250 the desaparecido will get back to posting and will become ''re-aparecido''........

Let's see if I' m right or wrong on both predictions

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:40 AM

SPX down almost 100 points today. Is this capitulation?

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 09:59 AM

pay attention because there are two possibilities......the first one that you like is that it is short term distribution on support before breaking it down and dropping hard, the second is that these up and downs are meant to push every long position holders out of the stock market before pushing it up

#5 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:37 AM

I wish MACD was helping to decide what to do.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 10:47 AM

pdx5......if you trade stocks, you must have something to rely on otherwise flip a coin and then decide what part to take or decide your part because inflation is 8% and it's too high, while navigated and succesfull traders think it's all priced in already and are long. Democracy is nice because anyone believes what he wants.  

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:03 AM

https://postimg.cc/CnxmGBY7

above you have the dax weekly macd......as you can see it is very good at pinpointing the stock markets' turning points, apart the 2020 pandemic drop which was an unpredictable event which no indicator could forecast.

Current macd level is important because from there a lot of rallies have started both with an anticipating divergence or not. Look at how much the macd dropped since late 2021 and how little the dax dropped compared to it. Is that bearish or bullish ? My answer is....bullish   

Edited by andr99, 29 September 2022 - 11:06 AM.

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:07 AM

I do not use coins. I keep all money in short term bonds until there is 20%+ drop in stocks from recent highs.

Then I start switching from bonds to stocks. If stocks drop 30% from recent highs, I go completely out of bonds and 100% in stocks.

Then I go play lot of golf. Just wait patiently for bull to come alive and show 30% profit on my trades. Then I begin selling stocks and go completely out and go back in bonds. I use no charts, no TA, no funnymentals to make trading decisions. It is strictly price levels and percentage profits. Only buy SPX index funds. Those always go bullish eventually. Just a matter of time.

The biggest advantage of this method is I never got caught in a stock crash. When crash happens, I am in bonds.

Edited by pdx5, 29 September 2022 - 11:12 AM.

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 29 September 2022 - 11:17 AM

I do not use coins. I keep all money in short term bonds until there is 20%+ drop in stocks from recent highs.

Then I start switching from bonds to stocks. If stocks drop 30% from recent highs, I go completely out of bonds and 100% in stocks.

Then I go play lot of golf. Just wait patiently for bull to come alive and show 30% profit on my trades. Then I begin selling stocks and go completely out and go back in bonds. I use no charts, no TA, no funnymentals to make trading decisions. It is strictly price levels and percentage profits. Only buy SPX index funds. Those always go bullish eventually. Just a matter of time.

The biggest advantage of this method is I never got caught in a stock crash. When crash happens, I am in bonds.

don' t misunderstand me please, you are a good person that always kept a more than educated behavior in this forum and I didn' t want to be critical while explaining how I take my decisions

best regards 

Edited by andr99, 29 September 2022 - 11:18 AM.

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 30 September 2022 - 10:00 AM

https://postimg.cc/CnxmGBY7

above you have the dax weekly macd......as you can see it is very good at pinpointing the stock markets' turning points, apart the 2020 pandemic drop which was an unpredictable event which no indicator could forecast.

Current macd level is important because from there a lot of rallies have started both with an anticipating divergence or not. Look at how much the macd dropped since late 2021 and how little the dax dropped compared to it. Is that bearish or bullish ? My answer is....bullish   

What are your settings on the weekly MACD?

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions