Nobel Prize-Winning Theory Says Don't Save When You're Young

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Douglas

Douglas

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 06:20 AM

Well, your spoiled kids and grandkids who say they want to spend every dime that graces their hands now have support from a Nobel Prize-winning theory (see article at marketwatch.com,  Young people shouldn't save for retirement, new research says - MarketWatch . Just spend like there's no tomorrow and enjoy your youth I suppose, cause what good is it having a bunch of savings when you're too old and decrepit to enjoy it.  Viva la vita dolce.

Regards,

Douglas

#2 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 03 October 2022 - 11:51 AM

Well, your spoiled kids and grandkids who say they want to spend every dime that graces their hands now have support from a Nobel Prize-winning theory (see article at marketwatch.com,  Young people shouldn't save for retirement, new research says - MarketWatch . Just spend like there's no tomorrow and enjoy your youth I suppose, cause what good is it having a bunch of savings when you're too old and decrepit to enjoy it.  Viva la vita dolce.

Regards,

Douglas

The young aren't going to have any retirement. We made sure of that.

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,905 posts

Posted 04 October 2022 - 07:20 AM

Regards,

Douglas

The young aren't going to have any retirement. We made sure of that.

"By 2030, you will own nothing and be happy"....they aint hidin' their plans. They almost never do. But folks sleepwalk right on through anyway.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,862 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:33 PM

As the old saying goes...

"I was born with nothing...and I still have most of it left"

My depression era grandparents tended to be savers.

Those days are long gone, but coming back for some people.

Jan 19, 2022 — Some 56% of Americans are unable to cover an unexpected $1,000 bill with savings, according to a telephone survey of more than 1,000 adults ...

Most were polled on their latest $1,100 iPhone...with an average annual service charge of $1,368 per person

1969-Phone-bill.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 08 October 2022 - 02:20 PM.