Photo

gap up and then gap down to close the gap up....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 09:04 AM

the bunch of mothe@@@@@@ that manipulate the stock markets don' t want to lack anything in order to push everybody out of the market before it takes the right direction

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 09:20 AM

possibly when Europe closes, in little more than an hour, they turn upside.......an already seen movie and seen again several times 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 12:12 PM

I hope SPX stay down 2.70% today. Because I have order in to buy SP500 index fund at closing price today.

Adding 3% from money market today. There is no need to jump in without a parachute. Market wants to stay low for some time.

FIB, I have no stop loss orders when buying index funds in SPX. Will review after holding 1-3 years.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:15 PM

FIB, I have no stop loss orders when buying index funds in SPX. Will review after holding 1-3 years.

Nice to know that at age 82 that your pockets are deep enough to continue to leverage down without any kind of protection.

Remember, a plan like this only works in bull markets. In bear markets, like the one we had in 2000-2003 where the NASDAQ lost 80% of its value and the SPX 50%, the key is to have enough funds to come back another day (capital preservation), or in your case, before you pass away and maybe leaving your beneficiaries with very little to help enrich their lives.

Good luck!

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:42 PM

Nice to know that at age 82 that your pockets are deep enough to continue to leverage down without any kind of protection.

Remember, a plan like this only works in bull markets. In bear markets, like the one we had in 2000-2003 where the NASDAQ lost 80% of its value and the SPX 50%, the key is to have enough funds to come back another day (capital preservation), or in your case, before you pass away and maybe leaving your beneficiaries with very little to help enrich their lives.

Good luck!

Fib

No truer words have ever been spoken, but nobody belives it.

#6 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:58 PM

True and I'm one of the believers that thinks this won't end till were down -50% but pdx has done it right selling the highs and buying the lows with all the rallies and sell off's so the same rules apply in bull and bear markets.  There will be plenty of money left for people, averaging in is the smartest way to go just in case we don't go down -50%, he has his levels he's buying at...

#7 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 01:59 PM

Averaging down in bear markets after a 25% decline has worked nicely in my past trading. 

I do not use any money I will need in next 3 to 5 years. 

The sooner I get in , the sooner I become eligible for long term cap gain tax rates.

Since I expect to make it to age 100, there is plenty of time to wait for bull markets to return

Thanks for the good wishes from FIB and kind words from SPX 12. That means a lot to me..

Edited by pdx5, 07 October 2022 - 02:03 PM.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:06 PM

Hey tennis star SPX 12, I really do not believe SPX will go down 50% from current levels. May be 50% down from highs in January is possible (2400?). At 3000 level there should be a flood of money coming into the market.

#9 trioderob

trioderob

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:30 PM

PDX5 - 

you are 5 years past the average age that most Men die in the United States - why worry about all this ?

travel the world and enjoy 

in the past 5 years I have made it to over 50 countries - thats more important at your age then knife catching in a bear market 

#10 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 07 October 2022 - 02:33 PM

Oh ya that's what I mean not -50% from here, around 2400 yes, think there will be lots of rallies inbetween though as I have also said, this is a grind grind grind market, not going anywhere quickly!!  Thanks for call me a tennis start though lol!!!