Cavalry has come....

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 01:10 PM

the fed pushes markets up, not down.......market drops when the fed stops its push 

OMG

rising rates are killing the stock and bond market.  

it's a correction, not a bear market as it was in 2000, or 2008......and the fed action is always meant to substain markets in the LT even when it raises interest rates in the short term. However it's not my duty to try to convince people that the bottom is in. Anyone free to think as he wants to. 

here is a link :

''long stocks, long bonds, short inflation''

minute 28.27

Edited by andr99, 20 October 2022 - 01:17 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#22 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 01:19 PM

sigh, to each his own...

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:17 PM

Here's the freight train that is gonna carry you to the moon...Yikes!

unp.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#24 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 05:48 PM

guys.....Larry Williams is the one who predicted the V shape recovery from the pandemic bottom, while everybody else was sure the stock market was headed a lot lower, right like now. Enough said....

#25 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,722 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 06:07 PM

guys.....Larry Williams is the one who predicted the V shape recovery from the pandemic bottom, while everybody else was sure the stock market was headed a lot lower, right like now. Enough said....

THIS is an entirely different situation.

The BIG difference now is...that the 40 year cycle HAS TURNED, and turned big...and folks are still playing by the old rules.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#26 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 07:28 PM

Andr, I respect your opinion but, Williams makes hundreds of forecasts. Eventually some will be right. There are so many things larger than years ending in 2 or elections and so on. He is purely a tech guy IMO and there are REAL fundamental factors that could blow up markets he doesn't address. Better to do your own work and form your conclusion than rely on someone like this guy.

As for catching a V bottom and predicting a rally. We are in a genuine, sustained bear move.  Not a V. ( On this board you know it's a bear when the Cheif is quiet, lol ) Also, the FED or politicians are not pumping massive amounts of money. Apples to oranges.

I trade technicals based on two hour charts. (Two hours let me swing trade long and short regardless of "the trend" ). However, the FED, valuations, oil (the real gold for inflation) and the debt issue are always at my side for consideration.

Edited by Chilidawgz, 20 October 2022 - 07:32 PM.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#27 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 20 October 2022 - 08:13 PM

Williams makes hundreds of forecasts. Eventually some will be right.

If you get just one call right...you are the Hero ( or the..Heroine) of the day.

Flash back to Elaine Garzarelli and Black Monday of 1987:

"My indicators had suggested that the stock market was 35% overvalued, so about a week before I had sold half the stocks in the portfolio and then put in options, so I was well hedged for the crash. As a result, I was given credit for predicting it"

#28 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 02:24 AM

I also respect your opinions guys and I rely on my own indicator more than on whatever opinion of someone else. That said I have great respect for Larry Williams. 

So, definitely, good luck to us all in our trades  

#29 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 03:45 AM

the most important stock market in Europe is the German one (Milan counts a lot less, until we feed rome and south our industries and our economy of the North are weighted too much) 

When American indexes go up, European ones can follow or not, they can do what they want, up or down or sideways. When American indexes drop, Europe always follow.  

the dax weekly

https://i.postimg.cc/HsxsnFVB/daxlongterm.png 

both the index and its macd are about to break their respective LT descending resistances

the weekly macd is going to do so after reaching its LT support and drawing a diveregence 

Is the dax LT bearish ? Nope 

So if the dax is LT bullish, under a strict TA point of view, can America drop while Europe rises ? 

I have never seen that before in the LT

#30 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 21 October 2022 - 05:40 AM

...and folks are still playing CONDITIONED by the old rules.

Excuse me for taking liberties.

Is the dax LT bearish ? Nope

A 22% drop in the DAX average so far this year betrays you.

Fib

Edited by fib_1618, 21 October 2022 - 05:59 AM.

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions