Photo

FED Tilts, BULLS exhale, ST BOTTOM in place - how high?

• Please log in to reply
362 replies to this topic

#21 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:45 PM

When time frames align...that is where it gets "likely"

1,3,5 all in the same spot....wow

jpy.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#22 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:47 PM

So far...no huge reaction from BTC or bonds...see how rest of night goes...

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#23 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 06:50 PM

That pivot just set on USD JPY likely big now. Bears with benefit of doubt...unless...it gets taken out.

#24 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 23 October 2022 - 07:05 PM

Will reshort as it rebounds above 148.4 

Fast profit as BOJ intervenes again! 

Active NQ market 

BIG profits in SHORT USD/YEN trades Friday

Back up to 148, will start new SHORT 

#25 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 16,704 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 03:53 AM

Closed 1 each ES and NQ SHORT HEDGE
HOLDING 4 EACH

#26 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:29 AM

Isn't this market just awesome!!  Loved that pop yesterday afternoon at the open as I added to my short bringing me to an average 3773.  Only took profits at 3770 for 3 points although but all unofficial as I didn't put it on here but as I went to bed but did put on my rogue trades for the night at 3775, 3785 and 3800 giving me an average short of 3887 waking up this morning, thank you pajama traders.  Bond yields are down but I notice the Vix is up even though this morning call prices are screaming bullish which is very interesting.  I will go by actual prices over the p/c ratio any day so I would expect today to end up being pretty volatile.  For now I'm going with a profit stop of 3884 for the cash open and will sell above....

#27 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:41 AM

And there we go, out for a 3 point profit and back in starting a short build at 3785 for the cash open, will continue to add...

#28 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:51 AM

Still not completely convinced of the Big Turn just yet....

Need to see 2 year under 4.4% and USD JPY under 145, to call off still outstanding upside targets.

See what today brings...

#29 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:52 AM

Meanwhile...BIG week ahead with 2 big 5 generals reporting tomorrow, and 2 more on Thursday.

If we can get past this week without triggering an avalanche, then will feel better about bulls swing term chances.

#30 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 24 October 2022 - 07:56 AM

BTC also unable to get anything going last night...and now back testing 19.2K area and bulls hoping it holds as support...

This one seems like it is probably real close to a pretty big decision now...