• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 01:52 PM

Be Thankful! Go Skiing!

One of the best days I ever had snow skiing was THANKSGIVING DAY!
No one was there, No Lines, No crowded slopes.

No TURKEYS in my way!
Nine Colorado ski resorts are already open this year! Let's GO!
https://www.colorado...rt-season-dates

The worst day to ski: is BLACK FRIDAY!
Skiing-Black-Friday.jpg

Expect low volume all week.
In 2022, the stock market will be closed all day for the Thanksgiving holiday.
Meanwhile, on Friday, Nov. 25, (Black Friday), the stock market will open at 9:30 a.m.Friday, Early close (1 p.m.)

What to Expect From Stocks Thanksgiving Week
https://www.schaeffersresearch.com
Thanksgiving week has tended to be bullish. Over the past 50 years, the S&P 500 Index (SPX) has gained on average 0.54% during the week

Mike Burk's seasonality:

"Average returns for the coming week have been modestly positive by all measures."

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 November 2022 - 02:01 PM.

#2 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 01:59 PM

Best day to go golfing....Mother's day!

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 02:11 PM

Best day to go golfing....Mother's day!

There's a world of trouble!  yes.gif

6db23e815df4da858ff0915038b022d0.gif

Edited by Rogerdodger, 20 November 2022 - 02:14 PM.

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 03:30 PM

There was a period when I used to go skiing at the border with Austria, but skiing never caught me. Boring thing to me.   

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#5 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 05:38 PM

I belonged to 3 ski clubs in Chicago area. It was From Friday evening to late Sunday evening trip on a bus seating 45 skiers to upper Michigan or Northern Wisconsin. The bus ride was 7 hours each way, but it was always heck of a party on the way up. Most people were standing in the isles drinking wine & beer and munching on subs. The club would arrange the whole trip including motel rooms, all you can eat breakfast Sat & Sun, a festive dinner on Sat night, lift tickets both days, the bus shuttle from motel to ski area etc. 2 full days of skiing 300 miles from Chicago without driving! It was amazing fun times. I did more than 50 ski trips with the clubs and won 3 NASTAR medals, 1 silver and 2 bronze for downhill skiing.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 20 November 2022 - 07:35 PM

I did more than 50 ski trips with the clubs

Great memories!clapping.gif

Now I have no knees and can't remember where I left them or who I left them with!

I do remember getting to Copper Mountain near the end of the day and bumming lift tickets ($20 back then) for one more lift before dark.

I may be Scottish but I wore no kilt downhill.laugh.png

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,639 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 12:53 PM

I belonged to 3 ski clubs in Chicago area. It was From Friday evening to late Sunday evening trip on a bus seating 45 skiers to upper Michigan or Northern Wisconsin. The bus ride was 7 hours each way, but it was always heck of a party on the way up. Most people were standing in the isles drinking wine & beer and munching on subs. The club would arrange the whole trip including motel rooms, all you can eat breakfast Sat & Sun, a festive dinner on Sat night, lift tickets both days, the bus shuttle from motel to ski area etc. 2 full days of skiing 300 miles from Chicago without driving! It was amazing fun times. I did more than 50 ski trips with the clubs and won 3 NASTAR medals, 1 silver and 2 bronze for downhill skiing.

Upper Michigan..memories of that place.

Was competing in the National Collegiate Skiing Championship in Marquette a lifetime ago.

Why on earth they picked there of all places is still beyond me.

"Snow" was pure ice. Could literally see the ground underneath in many places on the course.

Edited by K Wave, 21 November 2022 - 12:57 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 pdx5

pdx5

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 05:08 PM

Upper Michigan..memories of that place.

"Snow" was pure ice. Could literally see the ground underneath in many places on the course.

Pure ice is how the ski places in Chicago suburbs were. Then I joined a ski club and the first trip was to Indianhead mountain in upper peninsula. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. There was a foot deep new powdery snow on the slopes, sun was shining with temps in 20's. The ski runs were wide and long. Oh the memories. And all those women skiers were...oh well best if I stop here.

Edited by pdx5, 21 November 2022 - 05:09 PM.

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,870 posts

Posted 21 November 2022 - 06:38 PM

"Snow" was pure ice.

Ice at Copper Mountain one year taught me how easy it is to ski on the edges of the skis.

Been there, done that. Now I prefer to ski on sand in Hawaii at sunset with a nice drink in one hand and my honey on the other hand.

I can smell them pulling the pork out of the fire pit now.  Life is good.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 21 November 2022 - 06:43 PM.

#10 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,425 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 12:36 PM

there's the football (soccer in USA) world championship on tv and you Americans have your national team competing there, but it seems to me, no one of you care so much of that. You have for soccer the same passion I have for skiing.......LOL. Soccer in Europe is a religion and when these events occurr the whole Europe sits down in front of a tv.  

Edited by andr99, 22 November 2022 - 12:36 PM.

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard