Photo

Seasonally bullish week BUT Bears ready to pounce!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 11:58 AM

It looks that the market is currently range bound.  But let's see if the Fed meeting minutes out tomorrow will break the range either way .....................

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 November 2022 - 12:02 PM.

#32 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 12:11 PM

HD going parabolic. In 2007 - 2009, it lost 62%.

#33 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 12:16 PM

....meanwhile this is the RETAIL KING -AMNZ - on its way to new lows. Am I supposed to believe that high ticket items at HD are going sky high while trinkets at AMNZ are in a crash?

#34 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 01:58 PM

Closing a few LONGS
Also, 8 TLT CALLS
Added 7 UVXY CALLS
will close more LONGS above ES 4010 if traded

AftervFED MINUTES tomorrow ... that is it for the week

New ARKK CALL position started, 10
Will add more
This is my HIGH RISK trade.

New GOOGL stock LONG position
New AMZN stock LONG position

Will add more if market continues to drop

#35 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:10 PM

It looks that the market is currently range bound.  But let's see if the Fed meeting minutes out tomorrow will break the range either way .....................

Now it looks a setup for selling tomorrow ..........................

#36 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,001 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 02:58 PM

The TOP 11/22 as was written.

#37 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 03:27 PM

O.72% in 2 days.
Closed those LONGS.
Holding UVXY, ARKK, and TLT CALLS

#38 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,282 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 05:38 PM

Quantifiable Edges (@QuantifiablEdgs) tweeted at 5:41 pm on Tue, Nov 22, 2022:

"Everyone" knows by now that Wed and Fri around Thanksgiving are bullish. So did "everyone" front-run it and push the $SPX up on Tue? Well, since 1994 the Wed bullish edge has flopped when $SPY closed Tue strong. All Wed gains came when Tue closed weak...

https://t.co/LE5UuZ31I8
(https://twitter.com/...5HbFR10_OA&s=03)

#39 redfoliage2

redfoliage2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 22 November 2022 - 09:25 PM

With COVID situation getting worse and worse in China this time, there is no reason to keep long positions over the holiday weekend ...................

Edited by redfoliage2, 22 November 2022 - 09:26 PM.

#40 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,524 posts

Posted 23 November 2022 - 07:26 AM

I'm back lol!!  Decided last Friday to take off and go to an Alabama football game Saturday so drove to Spokane flew to Atlanta, went to the game Saturday, looked around the Tuscaloosa area then drove to Orange beach and Floraboma to see what that was like and now in Memphis lol!!  5 states in total lol!!  Been trading all along with all long trades of course but seasonally this is a stronger period so that's not rocket science.  Starting to think to go short around here for when things get back to normal next week though as this is thin trading.

On your question about options d this is something I know a lot about as that is my main trading style, selling options.  In my view the reason why we now see daily options is because the institutions have been selling options for years and this is just another way to make money selling them with monthly's introduced, then weekly's and now daily's.  I'm sure the next move will be hourly lol!!  Buying daily options is total gambling of course unless your selling them lol!!  I have been selling my Monthly 3rd week cycle options for over 30 years now but have been experimenting selling the weekly's now as I can't believe the premium that is out there.

Anyhow, Headed home today so but won't likely get into posting on here till next week but we'll see especially if I do start building a short position...  Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!