DiMarino Booth Unleashed-Powell's Choice: Private Equity or America

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 09:29 PM

Wow, she doesn't waste words as she succinctly sums up the choice that we face and it's all in Powell's hands.

Edited by linrom1, 15 December 2022 - 09:30 PM.

#2 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 15 December 2022 - 11:37 PM

She is a very capable human being. Well worth listening to.

Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#3 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,937 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 08:56 AM

Meanwhile, CS continues to melt down....

When a stock acts like this, usually something very very bad about to be revealed...

Then we find out about the collateral damage...

cs.png

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#4 Iblayz

Iblayz

• TT Patron+
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 10:28 AM

Wow. Thanks for posting that, and I listened to the whole thing. I really like listening to or talking to someone who REALLY knows what they are talking about. She clearly does. I like learning. You learn from experience (i.e., hard knocks mostly) and from the minds of those who know more than you do, and who disseminate that information in any form (verbal or written). Great, but scary, information.

Edited by Iblayz, 16 December 2022 - 10:28 AM.

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,216 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 12:42 PM

Listened to that and very interesting.  Agrees completely with my belief that popping this everything bubble is going to be ugly and everyone is going to be even more depressed next year but the question is going to be when will the market bottom and start turning higher before the bubble completely deflates.  Personally I don't see the absolute bubble deflated for a whole other years but as we go along guess whats going to happen.  Stock brokers will actually earn their keep by selecting "singular" stocks.  They have had it way to easy for far to long and are now paying the price!!  Next year is going to be an interesting one for sure!!! 

#6 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 01:03 PM

The FED deliberately created the inflation ( 6 trillion QE 2020, no action all of 2021 as data showed soaring inflation-didn't even stop QE LOL) and therefore the bond market sell off - so I don't know why people trust the CB statements, claims or anything, they are proven liars and not acting to their 'mandate'. Forget the plausible sounding beautiful lies,  the ugly reality is they are financial wing of the Powers that Be, simply there to provide plausible scripted narratives for whatever the latest PTB game, currently, that is the controlled demolition of the world financial system over the next 5 years or so.

Edited by EntropyModel, 16 December 2022 - 01:04 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#7 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 16 December 2022 - 03:48 PM

The FED deliberately created the inflation ( 6 trillion QE 2020, no action all of 2021 as data showed soaring inflation-didn't even stop QE LOL) and therefore the bond market sell off - so I don't know why people trust the CB statements, claims or anything, they are proven liars and not acting to their 'mandate'. Forget the plausible sounding beautiful lies,  the ugly reality is they are financial wing of the Powers that Be, simply there to provide plausible scripted narratives for whatever the latest PTB game, currently, that is the controlled demolition of the world financial system over the next 5 years or so.

The Fed/CB's basically say what is currently most pallatable word salad. FED has proved itself wrong many times (recent statement of Inflation is Tansitory). But if you are not in the game, you can't win or lose. Added 1.5% to longs in  my investment account for long term hold (minimum hold period 12 months) today. Will add steadily during 2023 with goal of 70-75% in index funds by year end.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule