17 replies to this topic

#1 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:36 AM

uh oh and wow! not good.

https://www.yahoo.co...-130730190.html

Bloomberg) -- One of the world’s most important short-term lending benchmarks has climbed back to a level last seen before the onset of the global financial crisis in 2008.

• The three-month London interbank offered rate for dollars climbed 1.5 basis points on Thursday to 4.82971%, exceeding the peak of 4.81875% it reached in October 2008 when credit markets were in disarray following the shock collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. The last time it was higher was in 2007.

#2 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:45 AM

uh oh and wow! not good.

Bloomberg) -- One of the world’s most important short-term lending benchmarks has climbed back to a level last seen before the onset of the global financial crisis in 2008.

• The three-month London interbank offered rate for dollars climbed 1.5 basis points on Thursday to 4.82971%, exceeding the peak of 4.81875% it reached in October 2008 when credit markets were in disarray following the shock collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. The last time it was higher was in 2007.

Generally it has to start rolling over before things get ugly....still watching US 3Mo and 1 YR for signs of that...

Once the inversion actually comes off, that is when things unravel..

I think we may be real close....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#3 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 08:58 AM

CBOE VIX below 20 again. This is where you at least gradually sell longs.

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:09 AM

I'm pretty afraid of the financial system worldwide just coming apart altogether. since the WEF wants a great Reset, what better way to "build back better" than to engineer a collapse. If any of you are not paying attention to Klaus Schwab and his advisor are saying you don't really know what is going on. They are so full of hubris now they tell us ahead of time what they are going to do. HIs advisor recently said "this Jesus stuff, rising from the dead.... it's fake news"  He has also called the majority of mankind useless eaters and that we will no longer have free will. These are the people basically controlling Western thinking to a large, very large extent. He is of course aligned with George Soros

#5 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,444 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:15 AM

Love the chart K, why would anyone want to buy stocks when they can make almost 5% with no risk per year lol!!  Stock market needs to be much lower.

#6 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:29 AM

For those who want to capitalize on a lower market w/o actually selling short, there are alternatives to the leveraged ETF's which deteriorate too fast.

Take a look at PSQ.  Shorts QQQ

I was the only one 100% short today. Why do so few participate in the poll?

#7 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:56 AM

I bought some PSQ in my retirement account and added a little short SMH @220

Oil is up today. People make the mistake of thinking higher oil prices means more profits for the producers. Not always. Oil Producers make money based on demand. Higher oil prices can hurt their business at some point. Regardless of my logic, the insiders of the energy companies are selling their shares, not buying. Most people are buying into them and XLE because it did well last year and is still holding up not too bad. You can't think backwards, you have to think forwards.

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,604 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 09:56 AM

wrong board

Edited by K Wave, 12 January 2023 - 09:56 AM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 10:01 AM

I don't see how. It's part of my shorts. the post is about PSQ, SMH and XLE.  I think it's ok.

#10 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 12 January 2023 - 10:08 AM

uh oh and wow! not good.

libor011223.png

http://technicalwatc...libor011223.png

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions