This many bulls? Really?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 02:57 PM

I thought thus was an error.  If it's not... who is left to buy?  I thought that late March's bulls were over the top. And so was the market.

AAII.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 February 2023 - 02:59 PM.

#2 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:15 PM

AAII02-13-23.jpg

I dunno, sometimes this type of read is a point of recognition.

The market seems to be trading like a Bull. In fact, should we close Friday at the current levels, we'll be back in a Bull Market (technically, by my measures).

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:31 PM

attachicon.gifAAII02-13-23.jpg

The market seems to be trading like a Bull. In fact, should we close Friday at the current levels, we'll be back in a Bull Market (technically, by my measures).

You are right on the mark as usual. Pun intended :)

Bull/Bear ratio has it's value, but it does not take into account how many bears are anxious to sell.

If sellers area scarce, price can stay high even if bull/bear ratio is at 150.

Same thing is happening in real-estate in some areas. Prices are staying high because sellers are not ready to sell, but there are buyers who want to buy.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,871 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 04:34 PM

I hear that. We do have a golden cross and a broken downtrend line from January's top not to be ignored.

Edited by Rogerdodger, 14 February 2023 - 04:36 PM.

#5 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,017 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 06:10 PM

I hear that. We do have a golden cross and a broken downtrend line from January's top not to be ignored.

I am not speaking with confidence, and only looking at AAII.

Now, I will say that the other day, the VIX went into an up trend, which had Bearish implications for the near or intermediate term. Today's action looks like the VIX wants to turn back down.

<shrug>

M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#6 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 06:32 PM

Still watching Utes here...if they do not start crashing hard through 940 pretty much by tomorrow, and instead take out 960 upside, then bears may be outta bullets.

But if they DO start getting hammered, bulls may not know what hit them.

I expect if a break does come, it will be fast/shocking type initially.

The way the Dow time frames are setup right now...if 33,600 gets taken out, 1,000 point air pocket.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#7 EntropyModel

EntropyModel

• TT Member*
  • 2,723 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 06:43 PM

yeah I posted this last week - and yeah its not mistake .. 

https://www.traders-...shift-to-bulls/

I dont' see how shorts all covering and everyone now bullish is bullish - I think that shows the bullish bias most had 2022 continuing into 2023 

and each bounce saw the same ,..this is longer/bigger bounce  as expected doing it's job.

Edited by EntropyModel, 14 February 2023 - 06:50 PM.

Question everything, especially what you believe you know. The foundation of science is questioning the data, not trusting the data. I only trust fully falsified, non vested interest 'data', which is extremely rare in our world of paid framing narratives 'psy ops'. Market Comments https://markdavidson.substack.com/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLznkbTx_dpw_-Y9bBN3QR-tiNSsFsSojB

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 06:43 PM

Also watching Naz Comp here closely...first one to take out last Friday's low...or...last Tuesday's high, likely wins out.

Either the bulls transition attempt completes, or it fails, and possibly badly....

How things ACT at the key spots is all that matters...

Edited by K Wave, 14 February 2023 - 06:44 PM.

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 06:48 PM

Palladium certainly not acting like we have a rager of an economy

Last couple times it acted like this were not great times to be long the market for a while...with 2001 being perhaps the most similar

Some HUGE supports got taken today....

Edited by K Wave, 14 February 2023 - 06:50 PM.

#10 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 26,666 posts

Posted 14 February 2023 - 11:48 PM

After defending 12500 one more time...this could just about where the rubber meets the road on Naz overnight

Can bulls negotiate the corner, or are they about to go careening off over the cliff??