• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 05:55 AM

Nick Timiraos (@NickTimiraos) tweeted at 10:42 PM on Tue, Mar 07, 2023:
Powell wouldnt have entertained a 50 bps rate-rise in March without intending to follow through with that outcome says @TimDuy

Only surprisingly weak data will prevent that outcome now.

#42 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:01 AM

Anirvan Ghosh (@anirvanghosh) tweeted at 0:03 AM on Wed, Mar 08, 2023:
Had Powell realized that inflation wasn't "transitory" in 2021, it could have been tamed with fewer and smaller rate hikes. Instead, the Fed dropped the ball and allowed inflation to soar. It needs to hike further but must be careful not to invite a recession.

Nick Timiraos (@NickTimiraos) tweeted at 10:42 PM on Tue, Mar 07, 2023:
Powell wouldnt have entertained a 50 bps rate-rise in March without intending to follow through with that outcome says @TimDuy

Only surprisingly weak data will prevent that outcome now.

#43 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 06:36 AM

I also prefer TREASURIES.... at least for next few weeks. ST to IT equities/OPTIONS trading.
Michael Santoli (@michaelsantoli) tweeted at 3:13 PM on Mon, Mar 06, 2023:
Quick #MysteryBroker update: Still dislikes the risk-reward in stocks, unimpressed with power of the post-Oct. rally, much prefers Treasuries given his view that inflation has downside momentum and economy will soften in coming months as typical policy lag effects start to bite.

#44 Keepingcool

Keepingcool

• Traders-Talk User
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 08:37 AM

thanks D,

I like reading your opinions and collections of comments from different sources.

#45 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 08:43 AM

What I love is the grind continuing as it has.  Market doesn't go up to much doesn't go down to much.  As I watched tennis yesterday and this morning I've built my long with an average 3997 now as bonds are higher but still remaining around and below that 4.00% level.  Option prices are back to normal it seems, maybe a bit pricier on the put side but we'll see how that goes.  Traders don't have a clue of an exact direction now but the market seems to at least want to go higher so its much easier being long than short in here at the moment.  

#46 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:30 AM

Loved that little pop lower, average long now 3995 as the market starts its rally higher.  Sorry for the delay on reporting but its only a 2 point difference and I'm on holiday.  Very interesting that bonds are continuing to have yields move lower as everyone thinks rates are going much higher.  Problem is as I've said,,,,in the end they just can't do it and this isn't real inflation when you look at commodities, it will come down on its own as the world gets back to normal and slows down.  Best part of it though is the grind will continue for soooooo much longer as everyone tries to guess where were going.  

#47 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:34 AM

POWELL DESTABILIZING THE MARKETS.
FED NEEDS TO STFU!
Cannot trade with all this noise... their SULENCE period should extend to 25 days before a FED MEETING.

#48 12SPX

12SPX

• Traders-Talk User
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 10:49 AM

I liked it when they never talked and we only followed Greenspans brief case lol!! 

#49 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 01:35 PM

Yeah, good riddance.

He did create this ongoing PLUNGE that allows me to build aSPY & QQQ CALK positions

Looking for ES 3948 TO BE TESTED TODAY...

3900-10 will be better

WANT TO OPEN A NEW HANG SENG LONG POSITION

I liked it when they never talked and we only followed Greenspans brief case lol!! 

#50 dTraderB

dTraderB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 17,279 posts

Posted 08 March 2023 - 03:46 PM

1 ES 3993.5 HEDGE SHORT