Flash Point

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 07:36 PM

With the April inflation data about to be released over the next two sessions, it's interesting to note that we currently have (McClellan) "Summation Failure" warnings in effect in several market areas that could cause a "crash like" sequence in the equity markets over the next few sessions. Weakest areas remain with the small caps, mid caps and the secondary NASDAQ marketplace in that order, with the large caps having the best chance of market buoyancy on any near term bearish ambush. The price of gold looks ready now to make a concentrated effort to move into new all time high territory which would then suggest that interest rates will be moving lower on a short term trending basis. Bottom line here is that there has been a whole lot of pushing and pulling going on for the last several weeks here in the United States markets, but the good news is that we're about to get a decisive decision on which side will be in control of price movement for the rest of the month of May and into the beginning of June by the end of the week.

Place your bets.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#2 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 09 May 2023 - 08:58 PM

$5 on the Come and $5 on the Don't Come plus free drinks...I can't lose now! 

craps.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 09 May 2023 - 09:03 PM.

#3 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 08:45 AM

"a key U.S. inflation report that came in very close to market expectations...4.9% for April."

She rolled SNAKE EYES!

Shoulda played the field at a 5.6% disadvantage...close to inflation disadvantage.

Guess I'll just have another drink...

Edited by Rogerdodger, 10 May 2023 - 08:57 AM.

#4 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 09:31 AM

Guess I'll just have another drink...

That's what the "house" is hoping for...just to keep you around for more abuse.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#5 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 10 May 2023 - 11:50 AM

That 4.9% excludes food and energy inflation. Just saying.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#6 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:36 AM

I wouldn't say the data has zero relevance but it is muted. The market is just biding time for next months data, the data that is supposed to be quite favorble for the bulls.. I think we will head down some, then regroup for the big charge net month. (JMHO)

#7 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:59 AM

craps.jpg

Seven out! Line away!

#8 slupert

slupert

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,803 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 08:01 AM

craps.jpg

Seven out! Line away!

actually its. Front line winner. and  don't loses. if you actually have the come bet working on the come out roll, that loses too.

#9 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,433 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 09:12 AM

With the April inflation data about to be released over the next two sessions, it's interesting to note that we currently have (McClellan) "Summation Failure" warnings in effect in several market areas that could cause a "crash like" sequence in the equity markets over the next few sessions. Weakest areas remain with the small caps, mid caps and the secondary NASDAQ marketplace in that order, with the large caps having the best chance of market buoyancy on any near term bearish ambush. The price of gold looks ready now to make a concentrated effort to move into new all time high territory which would then suggest that interest rates will be moving lower on a short term trending basis. Bottom line here is that there has been a whole lot of pushing and pulling going on for the last several weeks here in the United States markets, but the good news is that we're about to get a decisive decision on which side will be in control of price movement for the rest of the month of May and into the beginning of June by the end of the week.

Place your bets.

Fib

thank you so much......I'm even more bullish now. Gratefully counting on your analysis everytime you bless the world with it.   

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 11 May 2023 - 07:07 PM

My bet will be placed depending on outcome of the debt ceiling talks.

"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule