the illusionists that manipulate the stock markets

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 06:48 AM

are used to make people see a pattern which is bearish on all TA books, just to break it to the upside soon after, leaving the bears who entered short positions half butchered and ready to be butchered for the remaining second half. That is what experience has taught me. And the remarkable thing is that when they start pushing to the upside, the bears who have been caught in the trap are left in a state of mind that doesn't let them take the right decision which is cutting the lo$$

Nothing changes under the sky and after watching them acting like that n-times, one should understand their ''modus operandi'' 

I felt that on my skin when I was a novice, BTW 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#2 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 10:08 AM

are used to make people see a pattern which is bearish on all TA books, just to break it to the upside soon after, leaving the bears who entered short positions half butchered and ready to be butchered for the remaining second half. That is what experience has taught me. And the remarkable thing is that when they start pushing to the upside, the bears who have been caught in the trap are left in a state of mind that doesn't let them take the right decision which is cutting the lo$$

Nothing changes under the sky and after watching them acting like that n-times, one should understand their ''modus operandi'' 

Yes but you leave out the rest of the story-----this only happens in a BEAR market.

#3 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 10:20 AM

This is an issue with many TAs.  Follow them and you will likely lose money, but it does stack percentages.   In the current case you have had 3 waves up since January on NDX and SPX and a head and shoulders on SPX, one thinks it would sell off but it broke the other way.  Sell in May and go away does not work unless you rallied big into May.   Again these things stack percentages in determining direction, but are not full proof.   

#4 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,389 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 10:30 AM

Yes but you leave out the rest of the story-----this only happens in a BEAR market.

sorry I don't get it.......they break to the upside in bear markets ? 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#5 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 12:10 PM

sorry I don't get it.......they break to the upside in bear markets ? 

Yes, biggest rallies occur in bear markets.

#6 qqqqtrdr

qqqqtrdr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,219 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 01:54 PM

The issue that too many people are bearish the market tends to float higher.    This is definitely a fake out.   Next time it probably won't be a fake out for TA analysis.

#7 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 05:10 PM

Rusty is the one to watch....

If it starts leading upside now after the last hold at 1700, and now reclaiming 1760, bears could be in a world of hurt.

Rusty over 1800 tomorrow would be first bull nuke launched...

Bears had PLENTY of chances...you only get so many....

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#8 K Wave

K Wave

• Traders-Talk User
  • 25,941 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 05:28 PM

Naz summation with some CRAZY action which is starting to look like it is resolving upside with the big gap today.

Bulls now with benefit of doubt unless Crazy Town is taken out by bears, and likely soon. or bull starts to run away with it.

Hgo1jd7.md.jpg

The strength of Government lies in the people's ignorance, and the Government knows this, and will therefore always oppose true enlightenment. - Leo Tolstoy

#9 linrom1

linrom1

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,957 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 05:55 PM

Oh well, there is still Wheat in the dumpster, but one crop failure or drought away from fabricating 10 X gains.

#10 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 18 May 2023 - 08:36 PM

https://www.siliconi...?msgid=34295248