Just a thought

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 07:17 AM

The reason I come to this board is not to be right. (yes we all have egos). The main reason is learn.

I have been in hedge fund business all my life. If you say you a market timer, this is a joke of the year. This is considered the dumbest strategy on earth. For a reason.

I would like to command and thank many posters here who made me think by providing indicators, links, analysis...

I can't mention everyone right now, but the analysis provided by Mark and Dave (fib) is invaluable. And lets assume for a moment that Fib is absolutely wrong. If he is, he deserves my ultimate respect for reasoning and education. Thank you many of yours for providing reasoning, mot just saying up up up or down down down! There are no gurus, but there are people we can learn from.

Long term I am always a bull. Short-term I change my mind every minute. Intermediate-term I'm currently bearish.  

Thank you Mark and many others!

#2 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,145 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:03 PM

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind remarks...right back at ya!! It's always good to know that my occasional technical posts help enrich your market knowledge and hopefully for others as well. We're all here for one purpose and one purpose only...to beat the market at its own game and not each other.

Lots of technical non confirmations out there right now...it's not a matter of "if", it's only a matter of "when", the vacuum created from these divergences will be filled to correct these same imbalances of supply and demand.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#3 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:28 PM

...........And lets assume for a moment that Fib is absolutely wrong. If he is, he deserves my ultimate respect for reasoning and education. 

you took the liberty to offend people (me) of whom you know nothing and then you thank fib for his education.......

1+1 usually makes 2 but not always eh ?  

by the way, I tried to avoid to be offensive when I responded to you because I considered that you might be in your eighties and I still have a bit of respect for aged people even when they behave like that. Have a good trading, Sir 

forever and only a V-E-N-E-T-K-E-N - langbard

#4 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 12:57 PM

...........And lets assume for a moment that Fib is absolutely wrong. If he is, he deserves my ultimate respect for reasoning and education. 

you took the liberty to offend people (me) of whom you know nothing and then you thank fib for his education.......

1+1 usually makes 2 but not always eh ?  

by the way, I tried to avoid to be offensive when I responded to you because I considered that you might be in your eighties and I still have a bit of respect for aged people even when they behave like that. Have a good trading, Sir 

right on right on........anybody who is currently bearish hasa lot of company......and thats bullish

#5 RadioHead

RadioHead

• Traders-Talk User
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 02:03 PM

I thanked people for posting and read the replies I got from DaChief and mini chief. Do they make sense to anyone?
I know Chief managed to piss off every firm that ever tried to work with him and he was considered the most condescending pricks in the industry. A lot of good traders left this board because of him as well. I dont know why Mark allows him to post here.

#6 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 02:27 PM

I thanked people for posting and read the replies I got from DaChief and mini chief. Do they make sense to anyone?
I know Chief managed to piss off every firm that ever tried to work with him and he was considered the most condescending pricks in the industry. A lot of good traders left this board because of him as well. I dont know why Mark allows him to post here.

get on like this and you will get the rude reply you deserve.........

Edited by andr99, 29 May 2023 - 02:28 PM.

#7 andr99

andr99

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,436 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 02:48 PM

.....the insulting reply you didn't get a while ago

#8 bigtrader

bigtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 519 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:19 PM

why a pissing contest, gesh

No longer interested in debating with IGNORANT people.

#9 SteveB

SteveB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:23 PM

TT board bickering often precedes a market turn. pokey.gif

#10 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,872 posts

Posted 29 May 2023 - 05:32 PM

I too have long appreciated FIB's insight offered freely here for years.

As far as  Radiohead "Long term I am always a bull" makes perfect sense since most all stocks are in the profit business. (Ask Buffet and Superman and Mr. Wonderful on Shark Tank)

But trading is different from "Investing" in a business.

As far as andr99, our friend from Greece, I believe, I was just looking for familiar faces at the ARROGENT BAR in Thessaloniki. ;-)

arrogent-bar.jpg

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 May 2023 - 05:47 PM.