Photo

Anyone tired of hearing about CALVF?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Is 'goldsmith' adding to the board?

Is 'goldsmith' adding to the board?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guru Dudette

Guru Dudette

Prince of Dorkness

• Admin
  • 835 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 07:37 PM

Is it beneficial content or is goldsmith advertising CALVF on the board? I want your opinion. I've had a few commnets regarding the posts, and if the readers want to read it- nothing happens. It's all up to you.
"I'd rather be vaguely right than precisely wrong." J.M.Keynes

#2 MercatusVeteris

MercatusVeteris

• Traders-Talk User
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 09:59 PM

Gee, I wonder who the one vote is for "Do Nothing"? Naw couldn't be.

#3 KRomanov

KRomanov

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 10:18 PM

I'm not tired of hearing about CALVF, it is my largest position. Goldsmith is well informed. If you're not interested skip his posts. And if you don't own CALVF you're going to wish you had.

http://stockcharts.com/gallery?CALVF

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:23 PM

Guru D., Thank you for asking for our input. Two thoughts to consider: 1. What may annoy some, may help others. Those who are annoyed may be more inclined to voice their comments than those who are helped. 2. If someone who regularly posts helps only a few, perhaps the value of that help is significant tho' it only helps a few. Goldsmith's posts on CALVF and other gold stocks prompted me to ask others at this forum for input. I quickly concluded that I had a short window of time to decide to enter CALVF, BGO & other golds before the next up move. I acted on that with significant % profits from long positions closed this week. Without the presence of Goldsmith's posts, I may not have pushed myself quickly enough to take the time to examine entering gold stocks when I did. And it would have been highly unlikely that I would have traded CALVF, which turned out to be the best performer in the gold portfolio I entered and exited in a matter of a few weeks. The profit was significant. Goldsmith's posts simply were the alert I needed in order to not miss an opportunity. Many others have other alert systems in place re: gold. I have been weak in that area. The content of the Gold Board is one of the reasons I am here.

#5 cedartree

cedartree

• Traders-Talk User
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 11:49 PM

Mercatus, Actually it was I who voted the first 'do nothing' vote. I have a sizable position in CALVF and like to keep up on the latest. Also I have a good respect for Ken's(Romanov) opinion because he encouraged lots of folks to accumulate DROOY when it was just 'wallpaper' and I made a killin on that one..YOO WHOO!! Thank you Ken!! BTW Ken, what is your opinion on DROOY these days? I have re-accumulated it in the 2.50 area and am figuring that it will outperform, if and when the dollar starts to bounce back. Regards

#6 Guru Dudette

Guru Dudette

Prince of Dorkness

• Admin
  • 835 posts

Posted 21 November 2003 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for your input. I've asked him to tone it down a bit, that's all. FYI- to ALL posters: I do not want to dissuade anyone from posting to their heart's content, but when I see a lot of links and a lot of obviously 'copy&pasted' posts, I get suspicious. It's the kind of thing spammers like to do as they cycle around the various free message boards. It's just a red flag, not an indictment. Thanks to all of you for participating, and for understanding what Traders-Talk is all about. (particularly goldsmith. ;) ) GD
"I'd rather be vaguely right than precisely wrong." J.M.Keynes