Alchemy - Signal update

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bln

bln

• Traders-Talk User
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

Alchemy - Nasdaq Comp/100 Trend strenght weight in the signal model have been upgraded from "Strong Bull" to "Power Bull", the 6:th and highest strenght rating. History: 19 May - Power Bull [100%] 18 May - Strong Bull [80%] 10 May - Bull [60%] 10 May - Emerging Bull [40%] 5 May - Weak Bull [30%] 4 May - Bull Alert [10%] Swing Trade: 11 May - BUY LONG 1 x NQU5 @ Open (1453.00)

#2 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:21 AM

Very interesting!!!! Can you break down what this means? Is it a sentiment thing where we are to think it is contrarian or this means big time BUY right now? WC
$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#3 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:23 AM

Alchemy - Nasdaq Comp/100

Trend strenght weight in the signal model have been upgraded from "Strong Bull" to "Power Bull", the 6:th and highest strenght rating.

History:

19 May - Power Bull [100%]
18 May - Strong Bull [80%]
10 May - Bull [60%]
10 May - Emerging Bull [40%]
5 May - Weak Bull [30%]
4 May - Bull Alert [10%]

Swing Trade:
11 May -  BUY LONG 1 x NQU5 @ Open (1453.00)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ya? Sounds like a lot of "bull..."
I am long from 1403 on April 29th.. Just flipped a coin... :lol: :lol:

#4 Wallcrawler

Wallcrawler

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:34 AM

Trend strenght weight in the signal model have been upgraded from "Strong Bull" to "Power Bull", the 6:th and highest strenght rating.

History:

10 May - Bull [60%]
5 May - Weak Bull [30%]
4 May - Bull Alert [10%]

Swing Trade:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice Trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redbull: snort!, snort!

Edited by Wallcrawler, 20 May 2005 - 10:36 AM.

$ No more effort is required to aim high in life, or to demand excellence and success than is required to accept failure and poverty. $ ~ Anonomous

#5 EagleTrader

EagleTrader

• TT Member
  • 2,399 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:45 AM

History:

10 May - Bull [60%]
5 May - Weak Bull [30%]
4 May - Bull Alert [10%]

Swing Trade:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice Trade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :redbull: snort!, snort!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My point exactly... posting a signal 9 days and 70 pts higher. I guess subteties are lost on some... Would Yahoo style howling have been better ?

#6 bln

bln

• Traders-Talk User
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

Can you break down what this means?  Is it a sentiment thing where we are to think it is contrarian or this means big time BUY right now?

It's partly releated to sentiment one could say. The model contains three core signal components, which can either be "unconfirmed" or "confirmed". An filter is applied to each component that filters out false signals caused by temporary corrections/pullbacks against the main trend. Then the filter has confirmed that a signal is a high probability signal it changes from a "unconfirmed signal" to a "confirmed signal". So basicly there is six different ratings for bull/up trend and six for bear/down trend.

The model say that the bullish action we have seen in the Nasdaq since the bottom in early May probably just is the initial stage of a much larger multi month up trend that will blast thru the old Nasdaq top set in Jan 2005.

#7 nebt

nebt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 05:32 PM

bln  Posted Today, 02:47 PM

QUOTE(Wallcrawler @ May 20 2005, 05:21 PM)
Can you break down what this means?  Is it a sentiment thing where we are to think it is contrarian or this means big time BUY right now?

It's partly releated to sentiment one could say. The model contains three core signal components, which can either be "unconfirmed" or "confirmed". An filter is applied to each component that filters out false signals caused by temporary corrections/pullbacks against the main trend. Then the filter has confirmed that a signal is a high probability signal it changes from a "unconfirmed signal" to a "confirmed signal". So basicly there is six different ratings for bull/up trend and six for bear/down trend.

The model say that the bullish action we have seen in the Nasdaq since the bottom in early May probably just is the initial stage of a much larger multi month up trend that will blast thru the old Nasdaq top set in Jan 2005.

So its either Up, Down or Sideway, no? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I run several of those model myself and each one is always Up, Down or Sideways. Every time I was looking for anything else, I could not find any...
And you know what? No one alive found anything else either...
The rest is pure crap if you ask me... But regardless, I will tell you anyways, lol.
If looking to be a Guru here, a wrong place.
If you came to share TA here, you would be welcome....
The rest is up to you, but at least you know where you stand as far as I am concerned....
Will let the market reveal itself, so that I may join its journey.

#8 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:42 PM

Alchemy - ---

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:blink: Alchemy, --"a medievel speculative philosophy,--a power or process of transforming something common into something precious--"
:wacko: well that explains it all :P B)
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#9 bln

bln

• Traders-Talk User
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:00 PM

I run several of those model myself and each one is always Up, Down or Sideways. Every time I was looking for anything else, I could not find any...
And you know what? No one alive found anything else either...
The rest is pure crap if you ask me... But regardless, I will tell you anyways, lol.
If looking to be a Guru here, a wrong place.
If you came to share TA here, you would be welcome....
The rest is up to you, but at least you know where you stand as far as I am concerned....

Sorry if you got that impression :( , not looking to be any kind of guru or anything, more of the opposite. Nobody is forcing anyone to belive in mechanical trading, just like some people regard EWT, WD Gann, P/C ratios, McCellan, Astro/Bradley, Cycles, Dow Theory, COT sentiment, etc as hoax/garbage. Everyone is free to hold their own opinion on things and use the tools that work for them to make money, becouse that is all that matters in the end.

#10 nebt

nebt

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 07:21 PM

bln  Posted Today, 07:00 PM
Sorry if you got that impression sad.gif , not looking to be any kind of guru or anything, more of the opposite. Nobody is forcing anyone to belive in mechanical trading, just like some people regard EWT, WD Gann, P/C ratios, McCellan, Astro/Bradley, Cycles, Dow Theory, COT sentiment, etc as hoax/garbage. Everyone is free to hold their own opinion on things and use the tools that work for them to make money, becouse that is all that matters in the end.

Why would anyone care to consider what your model say, unless you FULLY explain it, all its components, its charted signals history....Are you so naive to believe that some Joe Shmo as yourself deserve any more credibility than a waiter in a bar stock market opinion? I think you waisting your time here, since you do not provide any TA research, study or charts of any kind to support your opinions. Change your ways if you are serious!
Will let the market reveal itself, so that I may join its journey.