11 replies to this topic

#1 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:01 PM

:)
Based on the action for the past week, we still have a "wait & see" type MKT. There are indications that any pullback "might" be very swift but shallow. As to where the SPX will go to, 1213, 1203, 1178 on a declining base-can stop at any of those points and reverse. On a rising basis, there are others who have posted targets that are as good as any.

Posted Image
Posted Image

mss
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#2 samsung

samsung

• Traders-Talk User
  • 307 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 05:30 AM

Hey "mss", The points you have selected for pullbacks are really good ones. Everyone should remember this market "can" go down much faster than it goes up... Remember the first 3 trading days of 05 just about wipped out the Nov. & Dec. move up !!!!! It can be swift and brutal........... Lets hope for a good week.

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:41 AM

FROM BOBALOU, his thoughts:
If you think of cycles(in wk .3),and summer trading.
I'm thinking of a high trading range,till 9 /5.

Posted Image

Posted per his request,
:cat:
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#4 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 08:56 AM

fyi, last sentence in Brad Sullivan's commentary that Fari posted here: That certainly does not mean one cannot profit from selling short. In fact, as I pointed out last week, I will be building up short positions over the next two weeks in anticipation of a trading downmove during August and September.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 01:33 PM

nesting of the current second 20 weeks of the 9 month cylce is 8/10/05 per the authority I listen to since I do not study cycles. So I am simply quoting here. The 4 year cycle bottoms 10/08/06 plus or minus 45 days....again a quote.

#6 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:10 PM

nesting of the  current second 20 weeks of the 9 month cylce is 8/10/05 per the authority I listen to since I do not study cycles.  So I am simply quoting here.

The 4 year cycle bottoms 10/08/06 plus or minus 45 days....again a quote.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's interesting.

Do you have charts that I can see? Thanks

This is my chart.

Posted Image
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#7 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

Posted Image

#8 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 09:13 PM

on NASDAQ monthly chart, as of Oct02, NASDAQ retraced 78.60% of Sept74-Mar00 uptrend as shown on the Log scaled chart. The timeline however shows only about 20% RT. The relative 75% RT of timeline is Sept09 to correlate Price/Time RT. On NASDAQ weekly chart 1 with IT timeline, NASDAQ retraced 27% of Mar00-Oct02 DT. Note that division by 4 timeline CIT on Jan04, Aug04 and Apr05. The next CIT timeline is Dec05. On NASDAQ weekly chart 2, ST CIT as shown on the yellow timeline which is subdivision of the Chart 1 are May04, Aug04, Dec04, Apr05 and Mid Aug, 2005.

However, on Fib price retracement and S/R suggests, since we are at major resistance lines, if market breaks out to upside at here, it has to complete its price target. If so, it does not fit into timeline. Market will likely have CIT at this juncture even though CIT date is not precise, it is close enough to claim the time/price correlation.

Posted Image

#9 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 09:23 AM

:) Hi Trend-Signals, Very nice charts and thanks for sharing your work. The best to you, mss, :cat:

#10 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:13 PM

still working,see above