Photo

Alkalinity / Motivation - health (not trading)

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:21 AM

geosing - when you get this solved, please let me know if you are willing to share what you have learned at a website I started this week for the purpose of assembling educational resources on health subjects for use by family and friends.  Thanks.

I know CC's book, but its seems appropriate to let her answer that inquiry.

here is a link to the site:

http://hiker-healthwatch.blogspot.com/

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hiker,
I do not really have any problem. was just kidding ... my pH balance is okay, but I do take ACV regularly for the pectin and the potassium .. chiefly. Of course the health food industry in this country likes to ascribe all sorts of miracle curative powers including the favorite pastime of America - "weight loss". I am skeptical.

Interesting blog you got there. Don't know if I can contribute any, as I have managed to stay healthy and avoid any visit to any health care professional except a dentist or two and hope to assume room temperature without ever going to one of them.

#12 proformano

proformano

• Traders-Talk User
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:34 AM

Geosing,

Thanks for your comment.  Can I ask who recommended vinegar?  I STRONGLY recommend NOT consuming any type of vinegar or foods high in vinegar (pickles, mustard, mayonnaise etc).  Dr. Young who wrote the "Ph Miracle" also describes vinegar as "pure poison."  Vinegar may improve taste, but there are several reasons why it contributes to greater acidity.  Also: think about how potent vinegar is (it cleans some metals quite well ... how does it behave in your system?  :)  Vinegar, regrettably, is one of those cheap ingredients that restaurant owners love to mix in with almost every side dish, since it easily adds flavor. 

Interesting story I heard from a patient - the only change he said he made in his diet was to give up vinegar (and vinegar containing foods) and his toe nail fungus (that he'd had for over 4 years) finally cleared up.  Sorry for rather distasteful topic ... but nail fungus is one of the things that disappears quickly once optimal alkalinity is restored.

More later about book etc,  (actually not sure I want to give up annonymity on the board ... might have to worry about reputation ... less likely to play around with silly poetry etc  :P .  C.C.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that CC. A friend of mine who says she "cares" about me, made me start drinking that Organic Apple Cider vinegar swill a couple of years ago. I don't know if it's done me any good or harm since, but I'm receptive to the idea of giving it up.

#13 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 07:34 AM

Profor.

Thanks for your comment. I'm always open to listening to some sort of reasonable EVIDENCE for consuming or not consuming something. So far I can only see reasons for AVOIDING vinegar. And anything that is FERMENTED is probably not meant to be put in the human body (could explain, but too long). That is not only my opinion.

The challenge in health care is WHO ARE WE SUPPOSE TO BELIEVE?

There is so much nonsense written about the topic and an obvious red flag, for me, is anyone trying to sell some high priced supplement or has some other obvious agenda. There is also a great deal of money at stake within the pharmaceutical industry and the food producing groups. These two have tremendous clout in swaying YOUR opinion. Very hard to avoid their influence.
I have no other agenda ... just care a lot about this.

I feel blessed to have what I think is a good scientific background ... combined with a willingness to listen to "complementary" approaches. My greatest advantage, however, is a deep understanding of both Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes and have had the opportunity to listen and learn from people suffering from these. Usually, what NOT to do.

As well, if you understand diabetes, you understand the OBJECTIVE MEASURES of health - Blood pressure, triglyceride levels, fasting insulin levels, HBA1C (test of average blood glucose), cholesterol levels (much misunderstood by the general public ... read "Feed Your Need"). These MEASURABLE parameters, when at unhealthy levels, make up "syndrome X." This collective problem is very well accepted in the scientific community. So "health" can be objectively studied. It is not mere opinion.

And depending on your degree of syndrome X - well, that affects almost every aspect of your health. EVERY ASPECT OF YOUR HEALTH ... WHETHER YOU HAVE DIABETES OR NOT ... as it's a continuum, not a black and white illness. Think about it - what are the complications of diabetes?

Heart disease
Stroke
Infection
Kidney failure (number one cause for dialysis)
Blindness
Amputation (poor circulation and high infection rates)

Last thing - illness rarely occurs in isolation. People don't JUST have diabetes, they often have multiple problems ... diabetes and cancer, or lupus or MS or cellulitis or arthritis etc etc etc. The degree of diabetes is usually just a marker for indicating the degree of malfunction within your system.

Enough for now. Best to you. C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 16 September 2005 - 07:43 AM.

#14 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:23 AM

Think of health as being on a continuum ... with vibrant well-being at one end and Syndrome X / Low Immunity / Diabetes (with it's multi-system failure) at the other end.

All people will fall somewhere on that continuum ... at some degree of well-being or dysfunction.

Edited by calmcookie, 16 September 2005 - 08:25 AM.

#15 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

beg to differ on vinnegar, at least anecdotally: one province in china i have lived in consumes loads of it: the women are very beautiful and the lefie expectancy long...anecdotal yes, but dont dont this vinegar quite so easily

#16 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:57 PM

a great article about an eye health tip, and from an authoritative source:

http://www.cleveland...=11133&src=news

#17 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 08:27 PM

beg to differ on vinnegar, at least anecdotally: one province in china i have lived in consumes loads of it: the women are very beautiful and the lefie expectancy long...anecdotal yes, but dont dont this vinegar quite so easily

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for comments dougie ... I usually say, "If you're happy with your health (both objective - clinically measureable results / free of any disease symptoms and you feel great and have lots of energy ... withour tons of caffeine) then there's absolutely no need to change or to look for different answers. If vinegar works for you ... who am I to criticize? Drink up.

I think the only reason to try different approaches is if there's something you're dissatisfied with. It's your life, your body. But the objective measurements of health (syndrome X info mentioned earlier should also be taken into consideration). I also beleive that some people have NO IDEA what it feels like to be truly well ... they seem so distant and out of touch with their own bodies ... as if they're separate entities.

And HIKER ... yes, interesting article about protecting your eyes ... totally agree
with the PROTECTION AND PREVENTION PART! Thanks for posting.

Cheers, C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 16 September 2005 - 08:29 PM.

#18 dougie

dougie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,041 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 03:19 PM

Thanks! I was somewhat tongue in cheek on that post, it is just important to never be dogmatic about these things as you well know!

#19 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 09:52 AM

C.C.:  As well, if you understand diabetes, you understand the OBJECTIVE MEASURES of health - Blood pressure, triglyceride levels, fasting insulin levels, HBA1C (test of average blood glucose), cholesterol levels (much misunderstood by the general public ... read "Feed Your Need"). These MEASURABLE parameters, when at unhealthy levels, make up "syndrome X." This collective problem is very well accepted in the scientific community. So "health" can be objectively studied. It is not mere opinion.

CC, Along those lines, this past year I've read about the South Beach Diet, and have done it for awhile. It makes a lot of gut-basic sense to me -- the parts about insulin response, glycemic index, and our frequent American problems of weighing too much and eating the wrong things.

Do you have an opinion on it?

Best,

Doug

Edited by PorkLoin, 02 October 2005 - 09:57 AM.

#20 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

C.C.:  As well, if you understand diabetes, you understand the OBJECTIVE MEASURES of health - Blood pressure, triglyceride levels, fasting insulin levels, HBA1C (test of average blood glucose), cholesterol levels (much misunderstood by the general public ... read "Feed Your Need"). These MEASURABLE parameters, when at unhealthy levels, make up "syndrome X." This collective problem is very well accepted in the scientific community. So "health" can be objectively studied. It is not mere opinion.

CC, Along those lines, this past year I've read about the South Beach Diet, and have done it for awhile. It makes a lot of gut-basic sense to me -- the parts about insulin response, glycemic index, and our frequent American problems of weighing too much and eating the wrong things.

Do you have an opinion on it?

Best,

Doug

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a wise friend once said: "Everyone is a little bit right" ... I think the South Beach book has some good points and some other comments that are pure baloney :) . Can't remember the specific items I balked at. Nonetheless ... there is useful information there ... it's a matter of looking at all puzzle pieces and tweaking them to suit your needs. Personal experimentation is essential.

Best, C.C.