• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

Below is a segment of a recent email "conversation" I've been having with a friend about health. Might be of interest to some of you. I have too much to say on this topic, but below, in my mind, is one of the most important concepts: BLOOD AS THE RIVER OF LIFE

SWIMMING IN YOUR FISH BOWL

Yes, I agree that "balance" is important in health. Yet one thing I didn't fully explain in the book is the idea that we are not "victims" of illness, rather, we create an internal environment that is hospitable to disease. Think of fish swimming in an aquarium ... as long as the water is clean, of proper PH, proper temperature and proper oxygenation ... then the fish are healthy and thrive.

We humans also "swim" in a "sea" of our own bloodstream ... as long as that blood is of proper ph, has proper glucose levels, is free of excess garbage (from aspartame, nutrasweet, hormones, preservatives, drugs (prescription and recreational), hydrogenated fats, bacteria etc etc) and is well oxygenated (exercise / water) then we remain healthy and fit. If you had an aquarium full of sick fish ... the best thing to do is change the water (not add drugs to "kill" the problem).

Another analogy I like is the idea of rats and cockroaches infesting a garbage dump. The dump is the favorable environment that attracts the rodents and "bugs" and the only way to get rid of them is not by killing with "drugs" ... because more will just return. No, the best way to get rid of them is to clean up the environment ... get rid of the garbage and the rats / bugs will also disappear. Way to get rid of or avoid illness is to maintain an internal blood environment that is inhospitable to viruses, bacteria and other pathogens.

Even cancer cells are present at all times in our bodies, but they only get out of control (produce symptoms) and start to multiply when the internal environment allows them to do it (low oxygenation, high acidity, high blood glucose and filth of other contaminants - hormones, tobacco, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated fats etc).

The Chinese have a saying that translates to "death begins in the bowels." When this part of our system doesn't function well, we literally reabsorb the "filth" and poison our blood stream. What happens when people AGE (but does not have to occur!) ... blood becomes more acidic, glucose levels rise, oxygenation levels decrease (less activity), circulation slows and blood pressure rises, men become impotent, nutrients cannot be absorbed properly and bowel function diminishes ...... you get the picture.

We can be vital and active into old age ... if we maintain a healthy internal environment - blood is the river of life. It's our fish bowl that we're swimming in.

HOW HEALTHY IS YOUR AQUARIUM?

Edited by calmcookie, 02 October 2005 - 01:44 PM.

#2 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:21 PM

:cry: Oh what a sinner am I. :cry:

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:32 PM

:cry:  Oh what a sinner am I.   :cry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never too late to repent, you cute little porkie dog. :D :lol: :D

Edited by calmcookie, 03 October 2005 - 02:33 PM.