• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 12:55 PM

glycemic index ideal tastes good inhibits many disease processes how does it fit in the ph miracle???
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#2 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:03 PM

It Doesn't. Why does everything have to "taste SOOOO good" ... food companies have us conditioned to crave "taste" and their products overstimulate our taste buds to the point where we've forgotten what real food tastes like. Those horrid tinned Altoids are an extreme example. Remember that when PROFIT is the motive, then palate stimulation and addictive qualities are the goal. They want you to keep eating more and more of their wretched junk (whoops ... getting emotional). A co-worker said to me the other day ... "I just can't stop eating those Altoids ... they're so good" ..... duh ... exactly what the food company wants. And after eating those stimulating candies all day ... does she really expect to be able to taste and enjoy any kind of natural REAL food? Don't think so. Retrain your taste buds, live longer, keep your health and your money. C.C, :)

Edited by calmcookie, 03 October 2005 - 02:10 PM.

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

If you absolutely MUST have a sweetener ... I'd suggest stevia. But, the better solution is to slowly learn to enjoy the real taste of whole, unprocessed foods that comes from your local farmer. Difficult ... but worth it. Best to all, C.C. :)

Edited by calmcookie, 03 October 2005 - 02:21 PM.

#4 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:24 PM

It Doesn't.

Why does everything have to "taste SOOOO good"  ... food companies have us conditioned to crave "taste" and their products overstimulate our taste buds to the point where we've forgotten what real food tastes like.  Those horrid tinned Altoids are an extreme example.  Remember that when PROFIT is the motive, then palate stimulation and addictive qualities are the goal.  They want you to keep eating more and more of their wretched junk  (whoops ... getting emotional).

A co-worker said to me the other day ... "I just can't stop eating those Altoids ... they're so good"  ..... duh ... exactly what the food company wants.  And after eating those stimulating candies all day ... does she really expect to be able to taste and enjoy any kind of natural REAL food?  Don't think so.

Retrain your taste buds, live longer, keep your health and your money.

C.C,  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

cookie, do you know for sure if xylitol has acidic ash from metabolism?? long chain molecule with low glycemic index etc etc. ive been using it even in my saline nose spray. kinda auto human experimentation. have even used it to pack wounds on legs from scratches aquired in the woods, that became infected.

i presume that my alkaline diet will not allow me to become infected or have allergies again so those treatments may be mooot and will forever be shelved. :)

i just finished some almond and soy milk made in my new vita mixer sweetened with bananas and a little oj. followed with about 2 dozen celery sticks--yum :huh:

thanks. i really like this diet and feel great. im not using the ACV :ninja: either ;)

#5 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 10:33 PM

<Why does everything have to "taste SOOOO good" > i can agree that taste is aquired ie wine, coffee, meal worms, grasshoppers, cod liver oil :P but really. how will this ph movement gain any ground unless it can be made more palatable for the novices. lets face it, at the present time, we need alkaline cigarettes, booze and doughnuts as enticements :P xylitol may be a good alternate to any of these :blush: .

#6 ty250

ty250

• Traders-Talk User
  • 206 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 09:27 AM

We use xylitol too. The homeopathic doctor we see seems to believe it is ok. How does it rate compared to regular cane sugar??

#7 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 04 October 2005 - 10:00 PM

We use xylitol too. The homeopathic doctor we see seems to believe it is ok.
How does it rate compared to regular cane sugar??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

low glycemic index mainly because of slow absorption (++++) and doesnt even need insulin at all to enter some of the cells in body

acidic (--) but other choices are acidic too, excepting stevia (herb)
nutrasweet is a real no no because of acidity and toxicity and its usually combined with carbonic acid (soda)--no wonder there are so many urinary tract infections out there in femdom :angry:

preventive: sinus, middle ear, respiratory and bladder infections??

:blink: homeopathy is difficult for me to embrace, even if it works, with all of those superdilutions and all, some of the remedies only have a "memory" of the original active ingredient. the theory surrounding it is quite strange. i say this even though i havent investigated it much. im sure there is plenty of info and mis info about it on the web. kinda like what i posted above ;)

some novices confuse homeopathy with natural medicine when actually homeopathy is only a small part of natural medicine, i believe???

cookie could better answer these questions.

i believe that xylitol is a good food even though it is probably acidic and obviously not a whole food. maybe it should be used as a neutraceutical??

i bought mine from bulkfoods.com