7 replies to this topic

#1 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:02 PM

http://www.blackwoodpetfood.com/

this company uses quality ingredients, and more importantly bakes it at a low temperature in order to not destroy the nutrient value of the ingredients.

Talk to the customer service folks here and ask them why their food is different than other high quality pet food....you will be surprised.

I live in one of the most unpopulated areas of the West and have two local pet stores that carry this brand, which is not more expensive than Science Diet or Iams brands. $29 for a 40-pound bag of Blackwood 1000, which is the maintenance diet for adult dogs who are not working dogs.

Any other high quality food brands would be welcome info.

#2 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

Hiker, Just curious as to whether you have a personal interest in the product (for your dogs :P ) or are you thinking of investing in the company? FWIW, I think the demand for QUALITY pet food will continue to grow. Best, C.C.

#3 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 09:27 AM

I have an 11 year old yellow lab...and am always on the search for improving his health. I have a friend whose dog has epilepsy whose vet recommended this food as the best product out there. My lab has been on the new food for a month now...it always bothered me that Science Diet had so many corn based carbs etc. The store I went this weekend sells Blackwood to several local sled dog teams and serves it to all their kennel dogs...the owner of the store had a lot of info which impressed me about Blackwood.

#4 Chinook

Chinook

• Traders-Talk User
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:46 PM

I have an 11 year old yellow lab...and am always on the search for improving his health.  I have a friend whose dog has epilepsy whose vet recommended this food as the best product out there.  My lab has been on the new food for a month now...it always bothered me that Science Diet had so many corn based carbs etc.  The store I went this weekend sells Blackwood to several local sled dog teams and serves it to all their kennel dogs...the owner of the store had a lot of info which impressed me about Blackwood.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also have two great dogs I have A big interest in the proper foods.

I will be checking into this prouduct.

Hiker would you have any thoughts on>>> TIE.

I am Still out hear trying to pay attention. !!!

Your Consistency and Determination Is Sure Appreciated.

Thanks >>>>> Mr.

Chinook

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

Gary - I bought some on today's selloff and am using a very tight stop. It is a guessing game, but you may want to look at fib retraces, which I do not rely on btw.

It is trial and error entry using extremely tight stops in such a game we are in with TIE.

Better use for trading $ abound than TIE unless you are a gambler or have a great amt of experience making entries and managing the trade under such selloff circumstances.

Is there room for error? This is appropriate question when considering making an entry in any stock. Can you assess how to manage the trade so you can get out with minimal loss, yet still stay in the trade long enough to find out if it may go in your favor.

You see a support area close by to Monday's low that would have demonstrated you were in error by entering long? Is the " room for error" dollar amount too large?

fyi -

http://forums.techni...vpost?id=432006

scroll to the day of 5/6 where TIE was first recommended

heads-up - I am likely skiing most of Tuesday, so will not be around much.

Edited by hiker, 13 December 2005 - 12:26 AM.

#6 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

Sold those TIE shares today after buying more today. I can always reenter another day.

#7 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:49 PM

http://www.blackwoodpetfood.com/

this company uses quality ingredients, and more importantly bakes it at a low temperature in order to not destroy the nutrient value of the ingredients.

Talk to the customer service folks here and ask them why their food is different than other high quality pet food....you will be surprised.

I live in one of the most unpopulated areas of the West and have two local pet stores that carry this brand, which is not more expensive than Science Diet or Iams brands. $29 for a 40-pound bag of Blackwood 1000, which is the maintenance diet for adult dogs who are not working dogs.

Any other high quality food brands would be welcome info.

hiker, rather than brand names have you ever looked into the BARF diet? meaty BONES AND RAW FOOD. i keep and train airedales for competition obedience and feed them this natural diet. great skin, coats, teeth (no need to clean), weight, no need for flea protectorants, etc.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#8 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 22,016 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 11:51 AM

I know of a terrier with all sorts of skin irritation. That critter had us cooking Amish chicken with organic carrots along with a good dose of "Missing Link" for the longest time. The good news was that after a long hard day, the dog food didn't taste all that bad :o :lol:. I wonder if he'd be a candidate for the BARF or Blackwood... M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter