• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

Many will scoff at what I'm about to say, but it is based on what I see as overwhelming EVIDENCE from 26 years of hospital and community service work.

We are rarely victims of disease, mental illness and pre-mature aging. Rather, WE CREATE an inner terrain that welcomes bacteria, viruses, fungus, arterial plaque and cancer cells. These lead to systemic dysfunction and contribute to heart disease, lupus, arthritis, diabetes, impotence, depression, ADHD, MS, and a host of other ailments. If you understand this simple, yet rarely comprehended connection, you're far above the crowd. Learn the 3 steps to health:

1) Alkalize - Virus and bacteria cannot thrive in an alkaline environment (ph >7). How to alkalize? More later.

2) Oxygenize - Deprive cells of oxygen and they become cancerous. Virus, fungus and bacteria grow under anaerobic conditions. How to oxygenize? More later.

3) Be carbo-wise - Harmful pathogens thrive in high blood sugar levels (e.g. diabetic gangrene or cellulitis). How to be carbo-wise? More later.

"The germ is nothing, the environment is everything." --- Louis Pasteur

My people are destroyed from lack of knowledge. --- Hosea 4:6

If I could live my life again, I'd prove that germs seek their natural habitat - diseased tissue - rather than being the CAUSE of disease. Mosquitoes seek the stagnant waters, but they do not cause the pool to become stagnant. --- Rudolph Virchow (Father of modern pathology)

Imagine how rats invade and multiply in a garbage dump. If you want to get rid of the rats (disease) you might do it by killing them with poison (antibiotics) or removing them (surgery). They will die or disappear for a short time, but eventually, more rats will return and thrive. The only way to permanently get rid of the rats is to CHANGE THE ENVIRONMENT. Similarly, the way to restore and maintain health is to alter the state of your blood. Blood is the river of life.

Your daily actions and habits cause your blood to either repel, or welcome, VIRUSES, BACTERIA, FUNGUS, YEAST and even CANCER CELLS. Just as seeds thrown on a dry carpet will not grow and thrive, disease causing bugs also need the right blood environment to grow and multiply. You have much more control than you ever thought possible.

Edited by calmcookie, 10 January 2006 - 09:56 AM.

#2 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:36 AM

:) You left out one of the most important factors of all-- :) ATTITUDE-ATTITUDE :) :D mss B)

Edited by mss, 10 January 2006 - 10:38 AM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#3 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:55 AM

:)
You left out one of the most important factors of all--

:) ATTITUDE-ATTITUDE :)

:D mss B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks MSS ... I agree. What I should really call the last one is to:

BE INSULIN-WISE (but the word "insulin" scares some people ... so I like to get into that by talking about carbs and their affect on insulin)

And of course, one of the best ways to keep insulin low is to:

- minimize stress (keeps cortisol in check)
- laugh and love a lot
- have great friends
- choose joy over misery ... eliminate negative emotions (this IS possible)

YES, the mind has a tremendous affect on our health and on the amount of insulin released by our pancreas. High insulin levels are associated with a host of problems. Physicians like to call this syndrome X ... high blood pressure, high triglycerides, high LDL cholesterol, high fasting insulin levels.

Believe it or not, EVERYTHING you could associate with good health will fit under one of the three categories I've mentioned.

Better stop ... getting carried away.

Be happy, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 10 January 2006 - 11:04 AM.

#4 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:23 AM

CC, you forgot one of the important cornerstones...exercise to get that heart rate up and blood flowing ;) I agree with you, diet, attitude and exercise. Eat foods in their natural state if possible. Avoid all processed foods, watch those carbs, etc. I also take additional supplements which my doctor says are worthless :P
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#5 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:37 PM

CC, you forgot one of the important cornerstones...exercise to get that heart rate up and blood flowing ;)

:P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for emphasizing that! However, exercise comes under OXYGENIZE ... there are many ways to ensure that your cells are regularly bathed with sufficient oxygen (100% saturation, as measured by a small light probe oximeter). Strenuous exercise isn't necessary ... but if you enjoy it ... go for it. :P

Elite athletes don't live longer than the norm (although they may have more fun on the journey). And over exercising releases stress hormones such as cortisol, along with lactic acid which depresses immune function. Moderate, gentle exercise, such as walking for an hour a day ... preferably in a FRESH air setting ... not beside traffic ... is the simplest. And designing an active lifestyle (walk to work, take the stairs, bike to the store etc) is far preferable and uses less gas than joining a gym (in my humble view).

Health and wealth to all, C.C. :P :redbull: :P Hook 'em Horns!

#6 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:41 PM

It scares me when you yell. :blink:

#7 gman

gman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 01:55 AM

And of course, one of the best ways to keep insulin low is to:

- minimize stress (keeps cortisol in check)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CC, I read your posts with great interest and I am truly looking forward to your "more later". However, you claim one important element to good health is to keep our insulin levels low. I must admit, reading a certain statement that you keep adding to some of your posts is apparently very unhealthy for me. When I read that statement, my stress levels increase and my cortisol levels spike...

:P  :redbull:  :P      Hook 'em Horns!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

TAMU '93:lol:

Edited by gman, 11 January 2006 - 01:57 AM.

Everything you know is wrong.
Black is white, up is down, and short is long.
And everything you thought was just so.

Important doesn't matter.

Weird Al Yankovic

#8 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:48 AM

It scares me when you yell.  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Am I raising your cortisol levels? :P

Sorry ... do you mean the large print and color?
I just find large easier to read ... am not intending to "yell."

C.C. :blush:

#9 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:50 AM

gman, Are you referring to "stress" ? Each person has a different comfort level ... some people thrive on what may seem "high" (to others). Besides, stress is only our reaction to events, not the events themselves. WE MUST HAVE SOME STRESS TO BE ALIVE :) . You may react positively to high degrees of challenge. If so ... go for it! And happy trading. Cookie :blink:

Edited by calmcookie, 11 January 2006 - 07:54 AM.

#10 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:54 AM

gman,
What is it that I "keep mentioning" that is very unhealthy for you?
Curious Cookie    :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D
Bet it is -->"Hook 'em Horns!"<--

:cat: "WAR EAGLE"
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!