• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:20 AM

Green drinks may sound weird, but I tell you, they are fantastic.

If you want REAL energy ...

Dump the black caffeine
Move toward the GREEN
Smile wide and you will find
Strength galore and peace of mind

Thanks Hiker ... and Popeye the sailor man, :D (actually, I don't eat Spinach, but that's another thread)

C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 10 February 2006 - 09:23 AM.

#2 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:39 PM

cc, ive been juicing a dear plot mix im growing in back yard. consists of rape and wheat and rye. amazingly easy and tasty too. ive been cutting a large bucket to feed to my chickens every day. they demolish it and wait and look forward to it. ive got some arucanas (blue or green eggs) and some polish roosters (don king hairdoos) my wife and kids dont approve but im lovin this "green acres" existance and tryin to eat alkaline.
Andy House, Texas Man, Accidentally Drives 2006 Bugatti Veyron Into Salt Marsh

http://www.zimbio.co...Veyron Crashing

#3 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:42 PM

I have personally used diluted DSMO with hydrogen peroxide and water to cut a cold at it's first signs and it works like a charm. A hot bath, then spraying on hydrogen peroxide and using DSMO as a carrier agent will hyperoxygenate the cells (DSMO simply carries any substance through the cell membranes). BUT BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER TRY THIS ... NEVER USE IT AT FULL STRENGTH AND ITS BEST TO HAVE PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE. cc, dmso can be injested?? i think julien whittaker recommends dmso dosed in many ways maybe even injestion-- im sure i can find it on web but clarification welcome :blink: --

#4 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:37 PM

I have personally used diluted DSMO with hydrogen peroxide and water to cut a cold at it's first signs and it works like a charm. A hot bath, then spraying on hydrogen peroxide and using DSMO as a carrier agent will hyperoxygenate the cells (DSMO simply carries any substance through the cell membranes). BUT BE CAREFUL IF YOU EVER TRY THIS ... NEVER USE IT AT FULL STRENGTH AND ITS BEST TO HAVE PROFESSIONAL GUIDANCE.

cc, dmso can be injested??

i think julien whittaker recommends dmso dosed in many ways maybe even injestion-- im sure i can find it on web but clarification welcome :blink:
--

Hi Snorkels,

Yes, DMSO is a fascinating substance. As you say, it's simply a carrier agent and will draw substances through skin and cell membranes. There are a couple of good books about it ... one was written by an MD, RN team. The program 60 minutes featured a segment about DMSO in the eighties. I did not see it, but it apparently got more public response than any other program they aired. DMSO is currently banned by the FDA ... except under prescription use, for cystitis. Nonetheless, you can buy pure liquid on eBay (they legally get by the ban by saying it is for "lab use only)." DMSO is used extensively in U.S. veterinary medicine and for human use throughout Europe and Asia.

Yes, it can be ingested in SMALL quantities, a teaspoon in glass of water ... it has even been given in intravenous solutions. BUT, I have never personally done this and I honestly don't know if doing so is a good idea. Have not, however, read of any negative side effects ... yet that doesn't mean we should just blindly drink the stuff :-).

Best, C.C. (DMSO over crushed lysine will kill the cold sore (herpes) virus on contact and prevent the sore from erupting - it works far better than any over-the-counter topical treatment)

Edited by calmcookie, 13 February 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#5 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:31 PM

thanks cc i with you completely on this crusadette you have going my dad was in terrible accident with severe cuts and abrasions all over. my brother stayed with him during his recovery in the hospital all the while applying dmso liberally to the wounds without the knowledge of the staff. i had told him about whittakers use in the past. i had not realized he had taken it to heart and wondered when he told me of this activity. he said the healing was "miraculous". this account could be discounted if it were not for the fact that my brother is an er doc with 30 + years experience and a nursing home practice. i speak with him on occasion about alt medicine. he mantains he doesnt have time to embrace it because of his preoccupation with studies for boards and lack of time an fear of shame or worse :( as for herpes- have you heard of larrheastat--amazing. also, BHT --mixed with dmso--hmmm! xylitol or just sucrose applied to infected wounds with occlusive bandages is extraordinary also. xylitol nasal spray--it seems to work also :rolleyes: i can go on and on ;) my wife has had a amazing recovery from chronic uti because of a herbal remedy i obtained from himalaya pharmaceuticas on the advice of the health sciences newletter. she has not had a recurrence in about 5 years--not even one. we still have some but i dont think she has ever had to take it again--amazing amazing also is that she didnt even take a full course of it back then i could go on and on some more, if anyone cares :P the dmso with food grade h2o2 sounds very strange but because of my experience with alt meds, strangely reasonable-- whoes going to research all of this, anyway--the only hope is by the grass roots like you are trying to do-------------thanks the expense of so-called modern medicine especially in u.s. is --not---sustainable :huh: what about EWOT??

Edited by snorkels4, 13 February 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#6 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:47 PM

thanks cc

whoes going to research all of this, anyway--the only hope is by the grass roots like you are trying to do-------------thanks

:huh:

Snorkels ... I think you've made an important point - controlled, double blind research studies are expensive. Few are done for substances that cannot gain a patent. I can assure you that pharmaceutical companies KNOW of many alternative approaches that work ... such as simple garlic for cholesterol ... or nettle tea for headaches ... but, you don't see them advertising this on TV ... nor will they publish a paper about it in JAMA. That said, there are some alternative therapies that can be harmful ... one must use caution with any kind of intervention. An herbal author I respect is Varro E. Tyler (PhD, ScD, Eli Lilly Scholar) ... even the most rigorous scientist would enjoy his writings.

Best, C.C.

Best, C.C.

Edited by calmcookie, 13 February 2006 - 11:48 PM.

#7 snorkels4

snorkels4

bad guy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,677 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:09 AM

the government is pissing away our future in so so so many ways

deriliction of duty is an understatement

john stossel is a good example of an advocate for constructive change. did you see the 20/20 on "stupid in america"?? its about the public schools--he should do one on alt medicine

My Webpage

you can view the whole episode with a little persistance

now that i have your ear, have you looked into the iv, im, sc, sub periosteal administration of ozone.

if youre interested look at ozone services.com

no comments on EWOT--exercise with oxygen therapy

now that i have your ear, have you looked into the iv, im, sc, sub periosteal administration of ozone.

if youre interested look at ozone services.com

no comments on EWOT--exercise with oxygen therapy

Edited by snorkels4, 14 February 2006 - 12:09 AM.

#8 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

thanks cc

whoes going to research all of this, anyway--the only hope is by the grass roots like you are trying to do-------------thanks

:huh:

Snorkels ... I think you've made an important point - controlled, double blind research studies are expensive. Few are done for substances that cannot gain a patent. I can assure you that pharmaceutical companies KNOW of many alternative approaches that work ... such as simple garlic for cholesterol ... or nettle tea for headaches ... but, you don't see them advertising this on TV ... nor will they publish a paper about it in JAMA. That said, there are some alternative therapies that can be harmful ... one must use caution with any kind of intervention. An herbal author I respect is Varro E. Tyler (PhD, ScD, Eli Lilly Scholar) ... even the most rigorous scientist would enjoy his writings.

Best, C.C.

Best, C.C.

Not true. There are large scale studies on going. Results are available to anyone who wants to read the results. The Cleveland Clinic has done tremendous work on current herbal therapy, as rigorous as any similar scientific work. In addition the Harvard School of Alternative Health has myriad ongoing studies in which alternative therapies are being scrutinized with the same level of precision as any other scientific work.

I cannot understand the paranoia that exists out there in which it assumed that we in medicine are "hiding" treatments from people. This paranoia goes way back. Steve McQueen went to Mexico to die because he thought the "Government" was witholding peach pit therapy (Laetrile) for his lung cancer. Same with Pat Paulsen (remember him?).

Many excellent treatments are derived from herbs, plants, etc. Once they can be proven to be affective they become part of established medical care. remember: first do no harm. If a treatment doesn't work it doesn't work. If it does, we use it.

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice

#9 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:15 AM

snorkles4, What is it with these women and their aversion to Green Acres? I had a chicken named Robin. She laid olive green eggs. My Nubian milk goat was named "Sadie". My wife called the goat "Satan" and my daughter put a bucket over Robin and smothered her. Then we moved to the city. :(

#10 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:45 AM

Garlic Shows Promise for Improving Some Cardiovascular Risk Factors

Ronald T. Ackermann, MD; Cynthia D. Mulrow, MD, MSc; Gilbert Ramirez, DrPH; Christopher D. Gardner, PhD; Laura Morbidoni, MD; Valerie A. Lawrence, MD, MSc

Arch Intern Med. 2001;161:813-824.

Objectives To summarize the effects of garlic on several cardiovascular-related factors and to note its adverse effects.

Methods English and non-English citations were identified from 11 electronic databases, references, manufacturers, and experts from January 1966 through February 2000 (depending on the database searched). Reports of cardiovascular-related effects were limited to randomized controlled trials lasting at least 4 weeks. Reports of adverse effects were not limited by study design. From 1798 pertinent records, 45 randomized trials and 73 additional studies reporting adverse events were identified. Two physicians abstracted outcomes and assessed adequacy of randomization, blinding, and handling of dropouts. Standardized mean differences of lipid outcomes from placebo-controlled trials were adjusted for baseline differences and pooled using random effects methods.

Results Compared with placebo, garlic preparations may lead to small reductions in the total cholesterol level at 1 month (range of average pooled reductions, 0.03-0.45 mmol/L [1.2-17.3 mg/dL]) and at 3 months (range of average pooled reductions 0.32-0.66 mmol/L [12.4-25.4 mg/dL]), but not at 6 months. Changes in low-density lipoprotein levels and triglyceride levels paralleled total cholesterol level results; no statistically significant changes in high-density lipoprotein levels were observed. Trials also reported significant reductions in platelet aggregation and mixed effects on blood pressure outcomes. No effects on glycemic-related outcomes were found. Proven adverse effects included malodorous breath and body odor. Other unproven effects included flatulence, esophageal and abdominal pain, allergic reactions, and bleeding.

Conclusions Trials suggest possible small short-term benefits of garlic on some lipid and antiplatelet factors, insignificant effects on blood pressure, and no effect on glucose levels. Conclusions regarding clinical significance are limited by the marginal quality and short duration of many trials and by the unpredictable release and inadequate definition of active constituents in study preparations.

From the San Antonio Evidence-based Practice Center, University of Texas Health Science Center (Drs Ackermann, Mulrow, Ramirez, and Lawrence), Veterans Evidence-based Research Dissemination Implementation Center, Audie L. Murphy Memorial Veterans Hospital, San Antonio (Drs Mulrow, Ramirez, and Lawrence); Center for Research in Disease Prevention, Stanford University, Palo Alto, Calif (Dr Gardner); and the Istituto di Clinica Medica Universita degli Studi di Ancona, Ancona, Italy (Dr Morbidoni). Dr Gardner is now with the Center for Advanced Studies in Nutrition and Social Marketing, University of California, Davis

This is just beyond cool. Here is a study published in 1753 by James Lind:

On the 20th of May 1747 I took twelve patients in the scurvy on board the Salisbury at sea. Their cases were as similar as I could have them . . . and had one diet common to all. Two of these were ordered each a quart of cyder a day. Two others took 25 gutts of elixir vitriol [sulfuric acid] three times a day. . . . Two others took two spoonfuls of vinegar three times a day. . . . Two of the worst patients . . . were put under a course of sea water. Of this they drank half a pint every day. . . . The two remaining patients took the bigness of a nutmeg three times a day of an electuray of garlic, mustard seed, rad. raphan, balsam of Peru and gum myrrh. . . . The consequence was that the most sudden and visible good effects were perceived from the use of oranges and lemons, one of those who had taken them being at the end of six days, fit four [sic] duty.2

Awesome. What is way cool is that since the discovery of oranges (vitamin c) for the CURE and PREVENTION of scurvy in 1747 there has not been a SINGLE OTHER STUDY that has ever shown that MORE Vitamin C will do anything for you.

mm
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice