PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 March 2006 - 09:35 PM

From Resource Investor:

Energy Metals and Quincy Energy to merge

By Nones
13 Mar 2006 at 04:00 PM EST

Vancouver - Energy Metals Corp. (TSXV:EMC) and Quincy Energy Corp. (TSXV:QUI) have agreed to a merger that will see the junior uranium miners combine operations under the Energy Metals banner.

The Vancouver companies said Monday that Quincy will become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Metals, with shareholders receiving 0.2 of an Energy Metals share for each Quincy share.

''The business combination with Quincy is the next step in Energy Metals' strategy to become one of the largest U.S. domestic uranium producers and resource base holders in the public sector,'' Energy Metals president Paul Matysek said in a release.

Energy Metals also said it has completed its previously announced acquisition of Standard Uranium Inc. (TSXV:URN) and Standard shares will be delisted from the TSX Venture Exchange.

Quincy has uranium projects in Arizona, Wyoming, New Mexico, Oregon and Ontario and a portfolio of prospective gold properties in the continental United States.

Energy Metals has uranium properties in Wyoming, Texas and New Mexico.

The spot price of uranium oxide just hit $40 per lb. It was right about $10 as 2003 began, so this is a big bull. The above merger and acquisition have five shares of Quincy getting you one of Energy Metals, and one share of Standard being exchanged for 0.64 share of Energy Metals. I've got some of both Quincy and Standard, and the deal looks good to me. EMC.V is a nice-looking chart. Quincy was the weakest of the three, and Standard more than tripled since September -- I'm tickled pink to exchange it for EMC at this point.

This was a strong day overall for the U stocks I watch. NWT.V and PDN.TO look really strong right now. There are many others that are in horizontal consolidations within large bull moves.

Best,

Doug

#2 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

I don't why this one popped up like this, but it's certainly a nice swing higher. The picture-perfect uptrend continues.

Doug

#3 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:44 PM

:) CCJ did a swan dive :D
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#4 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:01 PM

Posted Image

This correction may not be over, but isn't that a sweet chart? I'd owned it for a while, then sold it last fall, making a nice exit. Wasn't paying attention later, though, and missed some pretty clear buy signals in early Nov., missing that fast rally from $25 to $40.

The way that weekly MACD is looking, CCJ might have to really pause here. $33 or just below has been good support thus far, but I wonder if a push for $30 or even $28 is in the cards. It had been looking good for an "ABC" completed correction but today's action brings it into question. Going below last week's $32.80 low would mean a more complex structure is forming.

For a big, senior uranium producer, Cameco is hard to beat. All that rich, rich ore.... I think it pays to look at the big Australian companies too.

Doug

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 12:42 AM

continuing to buy both dips and strength, and plan to continue this strategy even when $30-33 area is tested again in the future...CCJ is a hold for me with continuing adds as long as it does not close below $30 on two successive days...anything below $33 closing basis makes me nervous...also, of interest is the price range recently tested as it compares to the all-time highs that we established in the Dec '04 thru Jan '05 period. Thanks Doug and mss for your continued thoughts about the sector. Take care, guys. This is the first time I have logged into Traders Talk since an experience I had here with a fellow poster raising suspicion at the FF board. Life is too short for exposure to negativity, when the positive side of life is so easily chosen and respected. I will not be logging in to TT often, so I am glad you guys continue to help others here. Thank you again for your years of companionship here, and the respect we have exchanged. Regards, Steve

#6 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

hiker, I had some CCJ calls that were ITM last OPEX and let it ride. My broker exercised them, so I was nicely long the stock and put a limit order underneath, which was hit. Once out, hard to pick a spot to get back in. regards, jmicou

#7 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 10:17 AM

hiker, Agree with you about the lack of repectfulness, as well as to the negativty. Anyway, had some CCJ calls that were ITM last OPEX and let the ride. The broker exercised them, so then nicely long. Set sell limit stops that were hit. Picking a place to get back in is difficult once out. regards, jmicou

#8 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:07 PM

Hello Johnny - yes, that reentry in CCJ has been a challenge for a few years now...this thing has taken off ever since options trading became available as you know I have mentioned before. I will be surprised if $33 is tested again, but anything can happen. I visited the DOE lab in Idaho today, which has over a $1 billion annual budget for research and development and waste management/remediation for the previous 60 years of research and engineering/construction...this is the one national lab of many that is tasked with the Congressional funding for leading space nuclear research as well as the r and d for new commercial reactor technology. It is amazing how many really smart minds are employed in this capacity. I have a meeting with a fellow in a few weeks for the beginning of a reuse invention and am seeking a commercial manufacturing partner to take this into implementation and the public domain. The folks at all the national labs operated by government contractors such as Battelle and others are first rate. Johnny - what do you think of UEX.TO considering the channel it has traded in for many mos....do you see the basing action and the period of basing as favorable as long as no breakdown from the price channel occurs?

#9 jmicou

jmicou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

hiker, Did not realize that either message posted. Had computer problems this AM with my old computer. Anyway, stocks below $10 are harder for me to analyze. However, the "M" shape and the potential for a double top bothers me. Some LT lines have been violated on the downside. On the otherhand, a spike to the 4.05 level with the sector in an up mode might set up a triple bottom. The last chance area would be the 3.90 to 3.95 area. It has not violated its Nov lower TL on the daily. If it were to do such, then maybe a quick trip down to 4.20 or the levels below. I sold 1/3 of my XLE calls today on profit taking. The BPENER did a little hook back today. I would like to see a little crude pullback and reevaluate, but what I would like to see is not important. The uraniums might trade in sympathy if that were to occur. Thank you for your posts here and at TW. regards, jmicou

#10 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 12:07 AM

J - thanks for your analysis of UEX...appreciate your time and thoroughness. I am looking for a reentry price plan, and agree with your risk assessment from a TA standpoint. Fib analysis has sometimes proven useful with UEX, but not sure about this time.

Edited by hiker, 05 April 2006 - 12:08 AM.