• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 gray18

gray18

• Traders-Talk User
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 02:15 PM

Posted Image

Price breaks indicates weakness in the total up trend '03 till now, compaired to '95-'00.

G18

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

WOW! Buy a wisker the cross has been undone as of tonight! 8ema = 1269.36 34ema = 1268.72

Edited by Rogerdodger, 29 June 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#13 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 07:02 PM

:)
OK, the 8/34 is back positive and we MIGHT get one more big down thrust, 1220/23 did hold so an extened bottom will/has formed. Below is a daily chart with indicators that I often use for picking stocks to buy.

CAN THIS REALLY BE THE HATED "cup & handle" ??

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$SPX&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&i=p31398486590&a=80392235&r=8011.png

:cat:

Edited by mss, 11 July 2006 - 07:11 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#14 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:19 PM

OK, the 8/34 is back positive and we MIGHT get one more big down thrust, 1220/23 did hold so an extened bottom will/has formed.

:angry:
Well the 8/34 is back down by 4+ points now and a double elongated bottom is likely, "hopeful," and now 1220/23 will have to hold again.
About the--"we MIGHT get one more big down thrust" I did not think that big but you know sometimes I think too much. :D
Keep your powder dry RD, it an't over till the fat lady sings.
Best, mss

Edited by mss, 13 July 2006 - 07:21 PM.

WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.

#15 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 07:21 AM

Are you talkin' The Bull market being over or the Bear trend? :o Nice call btw. I just saw it as I was perusing this board (I've had my hands full with FF). M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter

#16 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

why IS the 8/34 named the mss ?

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#17 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:31 PM

Why is the 8/34 being called the mss? Hey this may be a dup post as I don't see the first.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#18 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 04:52 PM

why IS the 8/34 named the mss ?

Hi Mr. Dev,
Only over here is it refered to as the "mss", because several years ago I started using it on this board and got a lot of "flack" about it's usefulness. RodgerDodger sort of took up the cause and refers to it as the 8/34 mss.
It is a very old ema system, don't even know where I picked it up many, many years ago, used mostly on weekly data. Good else where also.
best to you, mss

#19 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 08:17 PM

Are you talkin' The Bull market being over or the Bear trend?
:o
M

;)
Based on several points that I look at the BEAR TREND is about over. A decent rally should occur within the next 1-4 trading days. The vertical green lines suggest a rally is due. The MACD is barely hinting at a turn and that is troubling. Current events may cause all analysis to go sour next week, but this is what I see at the present.

Posted Image

As posted on the FF board the IT BULL TREND is still in effect until price closes two weeks in a row below the 89ema. OF COURSE daily price action could/would change that timing quickly.

Comments welcome.
Best to all,
mss

Edited by mss, 15 July 2006 - 08:18 PM.

#20 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 07:30 PM

Great run today, and if I do say so-- a great forecast of it, :cheer: -- made by me on 7/15/06 :D

Now that, that is out of the way, we need to be careful for the next several days as the 8ema is still below the 34ema on the weekly charts.

Posted Image

Did buy some stocks today and will add to the position as trend might suggest.
What you think about that RD??
Best to all, mss