• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

Posted Image

Lots of U issues with similar patterns - hard corrections into the early summer, but overall long-term uptrends looking okay.

This one nearly gave me a heart attack yesterday, since it split 2-for-1, and Stockcharts had the new price as "down 46%" because the history hadn't been adjusted for the split yet. Good grief....

Mega has some resistance to work through, for sure, but it's looking good now.

Doug

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

Doug , you know the symbol for what used to be EMC.V? who has the most room for improvement..scan shows the distance from the 52-week high...ignore the no. for 3 of the names that show green: U.TO is closest to its high Symbol Pct from Yr High CCJ Down 13.45% CXX.V Down 8.91% DEN.TO Down 24.25% DJE.V Down 45.23% FMM.V Down 5.72% FRG Down 26.55% IUC.TO Down 25.89% JNN.V Down 23.21% LAM.V N/A% MGA.V Down 63.29% NCR.V Down 65.54% NWT.V Down 64.81% PDN.TO Down 12.53% PXP.V Up 280.00% SAN.V Down 55.00% STM.V Down 43.67% SXR.TO Down 34.24% TUE.V Down 40.98% TXM.V Down 21.07% U.TO Down 0.95% UEX.TO Down 38.28% URRE.OB Up 114.65% USU Down 36.30% WNP.V Down 71.84% WRI.V Down 43.94%

Edited by hiker, 24 August 2006 - 04:16 PM.

#3 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

Hiker, it's now EMC.TO Steppin' up, I guess, though it's 37% off this year's high. PDN, CXX, U, FMM -- looking pretty good and I bet they really pop if the sector as a whole starts rocking again. Quite a few disappointments also -- UEX, NWT, WNP (big ouch on those last two) among them. Bought more WRI.V recently and short-term, anyway, I like the chart. Looking years and decades ahead, I have at least a little chunk of almost all those. Doug

#4 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Here's a look at URRE -- might be trying to bottom around $4?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Some others not on your list, Hiker -- sideways or down charts but worth to keep on the list IMO. UUU is a producer in Kazakhstan, almost 2 million lbs. currently and supposedly going to increase.

UNI is the former Hornby Bay. Rio Tinto, huge company, big miner, producers lots of other stuff besides yet a good bit of uranium too.

Doug

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:01 PM

you answered some questions I had with those details..thanks, Doug.

#6 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:33 PM

Posted Image

I had a great big post about finished, a nice-looking one unlike that mess of charts above, and I did something or the computer gods felt me unworthy, and I lost the whole thing. After a couple minutes of bitterly cursing my existence, oaths and imprecations aplenty, I drove to the store and came back, and I'll recoup a bit of it.

RTP - quite an uptrend, eh? For almost 6 years the MACD has had larger and larger swings, which looks pretty cool, but the steepness of the rise in price of the past year makes me worried about the sustainability of the uptrend.

Posted Image

The pattern of "down, then up/sideways" is repeated in individual stocks almost ad infinitum, and in most stock indices as well. Some are stronger, and some weaker, but right now this is mighty familiar. Let's just say we get another decline as we had from May-June. The worthy Entropy has this as a possibility in his "Intermediate calls Update" thread, and my only problem with it is that it looks TOO good right now. Nobody knows what's going to happen but right now this looks good -- markets make lots of such zig-zags. If one is looking to buy some of these stocks, at this juncture I think it's worthwhile to keep some money back just in case we do get such a move down.

I haven't lightened up on any energy/resource positions but I am keeping some money back for such an eventuality. I'm worried about deflation but even here in the US, IMO one of the countries most susceptible to it, there is the Fed's inimitable liquidity pump, and (again, IMO) it is not to be underestimated. Moreover, US demand, while about 25% of the whole world, is losing "market share" as time goes along, and this is an energy-hungry planet.

RTP goes to 163 or 162, I'm lookin' to buy. That'd be just over a decline of a third of the total price of the high, and down by the highs of last September and November. Such a three-wave correction would fit fine within a still-ongoing overall long-term uptrend, and it'd sure shake out the weak longs. Markets like to do that stuff, and there should be some doom-and-gloom sentiment then.

And of course no guarantees, even buying at that level. Can we say "7-month Head and Shoulders top"?

Interesting times.

Best,

Doug

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 11:55 PM

i will set an alert on RTP...good work... would enjoy your thoughts on the MRO chart when you have a chance..would you sell if stopped out, or take initiative and sell and wait for reentry lower? it has 92.86 and 92.57 ahead of current price as a triple top target

Edited by hiker, 25 August 2006 - 12:00 AM.

#8 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:16 PM

Posted Image

Good profits on this one already. It's a "risky penny stock" and thinly traded but it's involved with projects for uranium, gold, and diamonds.

Doug

#9 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:13 PM

Posted Image

#10 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:02 PM