• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#11 calmcookie

calmcookie

calmcookie

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 03:50 PM

Whoops - book title is the ANTI Inflammation Zone by Sears. Of course, Feed Your Need is also well worth reading and presents the down-to-earth details for practical application. You don't have to wade through a lot of theory ;) Good luck (more later SB)

Edited by calmcookie, 10 December 2006 - 03:52 PM.

#12 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 04:30 PM

meanwhile while ur working on the fish oil stuff ....put a tablespoon of metamusil into a a glass of water or low acid OJ everymorning.......works great for suferers of crones disease or its symptonms as it cleanses the walls of ur inards..........stay off refined sugar or sugar substitutes cept for honey....make sure whoever does the cooking loves u very much.......

#13 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

I encourage you to look into whether omega 3 fish oils might be of help

calmcookie

Thanks for the article/info. I started taking an omega 3 supplement a few days ago, from your article and the others I've read it would seem there is nothing to lose and everything to gain from taking it. Yes the doctors have ruled out type 1 diabetes (my last three glucose readings over the last year have been 89,88,94). I read your book and have loaned it to friends and use the "four choice food game" to create my meals.

but later tonight I'll move it to the health and sanity board.

Mark,

Thank you, I didn't even know there was such a board as I only jump from the main board to the gold board.

Did this happen out of the blue or was it something that came on gradually?

securelstmile,

The dyspepsia, major fatigue, weight loss and wasting seemed to come on fairly suddenly 15 months ago, however using 20/20 hindsight the fatigue started 21 years ago and the wasting has been going on for as many years and 4 years ago I had to stop going for walks as the natural padding in my feet had wasted away to the point that going for walks became too painful and there are other symptoms too I've had for many years which fall under celiac sprue symptoms. I can't blame it on a foreign country or any physical or psychological event.

make sure whoever does the cooking loves u very much

da cheif,

Now that I'm on the gluten-free diet I do all my own cooking, no take out. I try to love myself, lol, but I must admit I tend to suffer from low self esteem (especially when the market goes against my position).

Chilidawgz, SemiBizz, Sentient Being, et all, thank you so much for your info/links; good stuff!

Love you all,

Tom

#14 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

I asked because some of you symptoms could be related to an infection but that would have a sudden onset of symptoms. One thing to consider adding to the other good advice which you may already do is weight training. Consider the book, Body for Life as it has an easy to follow program that anyone can do. Best to you, I really think you are doing a great thing by working hard to understand this problem. A good patient is never patient. I always loved when I would come into the room and the patient knew more about his disease than I did or any of the doctors. I was also an RN at one time.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#15 stocks

stocks

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:24 PM

http://www.lef.org/p...prtcl-029.shtml

Caveat Emptor. The alternative route and they have something to sell,
but they do provide 20 scientific abstracts.
-- -
Defenders of the status quo are always stronger than reformers seeking change, 
UNTIL the status quo self-destructs from its own corruption, and the reformers are free to build on its ashes.

#16 cycletimer

cycletimer

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

You need to be cjecked for diabetes. I lost 22 lbs in 4 months until I was finally diagnosed with diabetes. As soon I started an insulin regimen my weight came back on. With my blodd glucose levels so high my body was not absorbing any nutrients. The insulin shuttles nutrients back into the cells, hence, rapid weight gain. Get yourself checked out!

#17 Chilidawgz

Chilidawgz

A fool and his money... (the second mousie gets the cheese)

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,626 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 06:02 PM

If you are interested in where to purchase supplements, I use Vitamin Shoppe
and recently found Our Health Co-op
Anything can happen...what's happening now?
No one can forecast the future. No one.

All stocks (ETF's) are BAD...unless they go up - William O'Neil
When The Time Comes To Buy or Sell, You Won't Want To - Walter Deemer

#18 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

Judging from what I've read on the Celiac Sprue support forums, it takes some months or years before your intestines fully recover. Are you currently undergoing some intravenous feeding to supplement your diet?

#19 no_mind

no_mind

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 07:54 PM

Are you currently undergoing some
intravenous feeding to supplement your diet?

Data,

No I'm not. No doctor has suggested it so far and I haven't come across anything in my reading on intravenous feeding so far.

Best,

Tom

#20 maineman

maineman

maineman

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

Sorry to hear you are so sick. Also sorry to hear how hard your work up has been. I am a doctor, but I routinely get razzed and ridiculed on this board by a bevy of herbal-diet-self help wackos, so I'll just offer that you email me privately. Any patient as sick as you describe requires an immediate and thorough evaluation. Sprue is quite easy to diagnose now, but I would NOT treat anything until you have a diagnosis. We are talking about life and death here so PLEASE just don't self medicate with fish guts and chinese sounding herbs or any other cock and bullsh...You could be dying. I'd be happy to talk to you on the phone and let you know who the right person to go to is. maineman
He who laughs laughs laughs laughs.

My Blog -Maineman Market Advice