• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 08:14 AM

The question you have to ask yourself.....was that 5 shots or 4....do you feel lucky punk...well...do ya?

http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=25&i=p79521626957&a=91757908&r=9512.png

Posted Image

Edited by Teaparty, 25 December 2006 - 08:25 AM.

#2 jawndissedi

jawndissedi

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:14 PM

I guess the point is that there are always alternative wave counts, and that no wave count can be determined to be correct except in hindsight. Therefore, wave counts are a lagging indicator of no practical value to those interested in predicting the future (as opposed to predicting the past -- which some folks also have difficulty doing). Did I interpret this post correctly?
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#3 kaiser soze

kaiser soze

• Traders-Talk User
  • 884 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:32 PM

Ok, I'll try being the punk here. The long weekend has allowed everybody the time to look at the numerous divergences and cautionary indicators (Lagging transports, sagging a/d lines on banking index, lower highs on RSI, lower highs on MACD, elevated optimism, etc). OEX may hold up better than most other US and international indices during the next sell-off, but in the near term, I think its more likely that institutions will sell into rallies.