• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nimblebear

nimblebear

Welcome to the Dark Side !

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,062 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:25 PM

that anyone can make money in it. I really don't see anything to take it down this year. A ton of liquidity is going into stocks, and average investor now knows he missed a good deal of run up. So now he will play catch up. Happy new year - and my prediction is at least a 20% rise in DJIA and S&P. So be forewarned. don't short this market. It is at your own peril.
OTIS.

#2 CLK

CLK

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,787 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 04:29 PM

Is this based on the first few hours that gapped up ?

#3 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:29 PM

Since a lot of people are thumping their chest as to how robust 2007 will be for the bulls, it is making me extremely nervous and cautious. I would'nt be surprised to see a 15% correction during 2007 without any catastrophic geopolitical event taking place. If one does take place, liquids are known to evaporate under heat.
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule

#4 endisnear

endisnear

• Traders-Talk User
  • 439 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 11:28 PM

that anyone can make money in it. I really don't see anything to take it down this year.

A ton of liquidity is going into stocks, and average investor now knows he missed a good deal of run up. So now he will play catch up.

Happy new year - and my prediction is at least a 20% rise in DJIA and S&P.

So be forewarned. don't short this market. It is at your own peril.

I am sure you are seeing exactly what I am. Here goes..

1. The resiliance of American consumer. History will repeat as Americans unite as one and spend to promote freedom and show their patriotism.
2. Cash on the sidelines just waiting to be put to work.
3. Seasonally bullish time of year.
4. The Republicans want to win in 08 so they will prop up the market.
5. The Democrats want to win to so they will try to beat the Republicans.
6. Illegal immigrants will spend their checks at Walmart rather than wiring them them home offsetting
the effect of foreclosures on the economy.

sorry...greenie started it...