A '98 $NYAD cumulative fractal scenario

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 08:52 PM

Recall from my October post that this is a 50% shrink of the $NYAD cumulative.
If there MUST be an A/D divergence prior to a meaningful decline, we just may
have to buy, buy, buy beginning in a week or so and on through March.

Then again. maybe we're at the topping plane already?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by spielchekr, 04 January 2007 - 08:57 PM.

#2 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 12:12 AM

Here's a hunch to go with that fractal chart.

Previous intraday peak was 8651.74. Current intraday peak is 9209.30. Midpoint of those peaks is 8930.52.

So what? Well, the bear market 161.8% retrace is 8930.07 (green horizontal line). Hmmm. Very, very close to that peak-to-peak midpoint.

I seem to be looking at perfectly measured oscillating boundaries for some rangebound prices ahead. Question is, for a top? My guess is that the other 161.8% retrace shown (of May peak to July trough) is the "3rd rail" that won't be touched until distribution is complete. FF, FWIW.

Posted Image

#3 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:15 AM

I'm still thinking aloud here.

This fine chart from Smallinvestors (1/04/04 "Nose Bleed" territory) helps support the notion of a trading range (that includes lower prices) ahead.

Excerpt: "In addition, what if this is just like all the other instances from 2005, and that this is just another intermediate market low. (Following emphasis is mine): It implies that prices will be chaotic for the next 3 months. If you study the chart carefully, you'll see that when the IM P/C ratio rises above 4 for the first time, and summarize the price action for the subsequent 3 months, prices are generally lower not higher. So while a bounce is expected, it should be short lived as lower prices will follow."

Of course, consolidations and tops can look alot alike, so one could arguably use this information to also suggest that a top is being built here. My own topping bias could easily be wrong, and I certainly recognize that the benefit of the doubt remains with the bulls until the May top is taken out to the downside and becomes a sealed border to the upside. Nevertheless, lower prices ahead are looking more likely, and that May top looks like a good downside candidate to me (as per my symmetrical range argument posted above). At the very least, perhaps that information alone will prove useful.

If and when I find more relevant ideas supporting my attempt to quantify the meaningful boundaries for a consolidation range, I will add them to this thread.

Posted Image

#4 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

If the market wants to wrap up in a hurry, we could tag the 3rd rail like this by Friday or next Monday.

Posted Image

#5 spielchekr

spielchekr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 3,104 posts

Posted 09 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

Three drives at the broadening wedge bottom. I think we'll hit that 3rd rail after all.
Posted Image