Looking for a Volatile Move

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:36 PM

Happy New year folks ! I'm Looking for a Volatile move for our major indexes. The Dow looks like it will possibly have that blow off type move,.. 12800 is what many traders have expected as a possible top, but it may well be about 12525-12650 and maybe tomorrow. Then I think the Dow should revisit 11650-11850 and possibly in a very swift move. The Dow has negatives on the weekly charts and on the 133 it may have just set up a zero line reject. The NQs and the Sox are chosen to push and Drag the rest of the indexes kicking and screaming higher so be careful shorting its strength and one may want to let it Gap Up before taking risks. Best to all

Edited by Mr Dev, 10 January 2007 - 03:38 PM.

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.
.....timing,..... is ....everything !
... remember no guessing visit MrDev!

#2 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

P.S. THe 60 NDX chart is Overbought and should provide a pullback ,,..problem is we are at a break out so Up first and then Down to erase the move

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

......trading is basically a simple operation, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity.

#3 Jnavin

Jnavin

• TT Member*
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:10 PM

Welcome back, Dev. It's good to see your comments again.

#4 mmm

mmm

• Traders-Talk User
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:37 PM

Me too. I missed your presence. I agree with your analysis that tomorrow may be the blow off top before the big decline.

#5 frenchpj

frenchpj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

Happy New year folks !

Happy New Year to you as well. :D Missed seeing your insight to QQQQ! :)
"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."

– Vincent van Gogh

#6 colours

colours

• Traders-Talk User
  • 427 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:06 PM

I was wondering what happened to you , Mr Dev . It has been a while between postings. Glad to see you survived the holidays .

#7 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome, and nice to see you too. I hope you had a safe and happy New Year.

Here is something I'm sure you are already seeing.

Best ;)
Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#8 Mr Dev

Mr Dev

• Traders-Talk User
  • 11,528 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:04 PM

Posted Image

.. .. ..
Mr Dev

#9 KCScott

KCScott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 322 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:25 PM

For the Naz it seems to be all about the leaders.... This week the tech show and the Applephone announcement seem to be the catalyst. My opinion is it's a scorch leading into earnings season - starting next week. I won't short the Qs till Apple announces next Wednesday - then I think we'll begin to see that correction. - that's also about the time Oil and gold should start picking back up
KC Scott Blogs at IBC: http://ibankcoin.com/kcscott/

#10 frenchpj

frenchpj

• Traders-Talk User
  • 443 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:40 PM

Hello Mr Dev, What's your current read on the QQQQ? TIA! :D
"Great things are not done by impulse, but by a series of small things brought together."

– Vincent van Gogh