Most powerful 3rd wave in the history of mankind

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:53 PM

Broad participation.. powerful.. awe inspiring. These are the words I would use to describe this epicenter of primary wave 3 as all stocks participate in jaw dropping action.

I think Elliott would roll over in his grave about now. :lol:

The chart below shows most of your well known indices and what they've been up to. With the exception of the Dow, S&P500, and OEX, the other major indices are not much higher than where they were back in may 06. Of particular interest is that since about mid november, all but the large caps have gone sideways.

This is clearly a problem here, as bullish percent is rather high right now, which implies many participants have their $ in the market. Looking at the state of things, it would appear the "many" has concentrated into few sectors (namely large caps). I think I know why XD keeps repeating "its getting gross".

The mystery, to me, however, is that NYA keeps advancing but with good breadth. I can see how the price of NYA can advance because large caps are advancing.. but to have good breadth, majority of the stocks would have to participate (ie continuing to advance in price). Now these other sectors.. they're not advancing in price that I can see.. so something is amiss here. You CAN have price stay steady with increasing A-D cumulative line by having more advancing days with smaller percent than declining days with larger declining percents. I don't know if thats whats going on, but one can clearly see "there's something wrong here".

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:05 PM

"Broad participation.. powerful.. awe inspiring. These are the words I would use to describe this epicenter of primary wave 3 as all stocks participate in jaw dropping action."......like i sed....we are in the early stages of the epicenter of primary wave 3 up.....the jaw dropping part comes above 20 k.....and if you have been keeping tabs on the weekly ad line of the primary market....its been melting up since march 2000.....as far as elliot turning over in his grave???....well he did that when king elliot wave guru prechter missed the bull of the 90.s.......

#3 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

and if you have been keeping tabs on the weekly ad line of the primary market....its been melting up since march 2000.....

You da man, cheif :).

#4 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 05:50 AM

Broad participation.. powerful.. awe inspiring. These are the words I would use to describe this epicenter of primary wave 3 as all stocks participate in jaw dropping action.

The chart below shows most of your well known indices and what they've been up to. With the exception of the Dow, S&P500, and OEX, the other major indices are not much higher than where they were back in may 06. Of particular interest is that since about mid november, all but the large caps have gone sideways.

This is clearly a problem here, as bullish percent is rather high right now, which implies many participants have their $ in the market. Looking at the state of things, it would appear the "many" has concentrated into few sectors (namely large caps). I think I know why XD keeps repeating "its getting gross".

The mystery, to me, however, is that NYA keeps advancing but with good breadth. I can see how the price of NYA can advance because large caps are advancing.. but to have good breadth, majority of the stocks would have to participate (ie continuing to advance in price). Now these other sectors.. they're not advancing in price that I can see.. so something is amiss here. You CAN have price stay steady with increasing A-D cumulative line by having more advancing days with smaller percent than declining days with larger declining percents. I don't know if thats whats going on, but one can clearly see "there's something wrong here".

Posted Image

it's happening and you don't see it. IMO there is little understanding of various methods of index construction and their effect on the portrayals they create.

1700 stocks, including all the INDU, SP500, NDX, and more. all equally weighted. .........

Posted Image

Edited by airedale88, 21 January 2007 - 05:51 AM.

airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#5 HoseB

HoseB

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

Even if the premise of this thread turns out to be correct, it will be tragic. What were talking here is the "money pumpy, hyperinflation bull market".... even if the markets go up 1 Million Percent, nearly all of us will end up broke from the currency devaluation. Personally, I hope it takes 30 years or so for it to implode. I should have Alsburgers by then and won't know the difference.
40,000 headmen couldn't make me change my mind....

#6 airedale88

airedale88

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:11 PM

Posted Image

it's happening and you don't see it. IMO there is little understanding of various methods of index construction and their effect on the portrayals they create.

1700 stocks, including all the INDU, SP500, NDX, and more. all equally weighted. .........

Posted Image

whoops. wrong chart.

here it is........

Posted Image.
airedale

Outspeaks the Squire, "Give room, I pray,
And hie the terriers in;
The warriors of the fight are they,
And every fight they win".

Ring-Ouzel, England

#7 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:12 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

whoops. wrong chart.

here it is........

Posted Image.

Yes airdale, that chart looks very similar to the A-D cumulative line. Do you know if there's one constructed similar to that, but include more stocks.. say 5000?

#8 Caduceus

Caduceus

• Traders-Talk User
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 01:52 PM

Airdale, If you don't mind could you share you thoughts on your INDU Breadth chart which utilizes a MA of the AD Line? (I will not post the chart as that is not my decision to make) It appears to me that we have the type of divergence you would typically like to see before a meaningfull decline can occur. I realize you have decades of experience using it and I may not have it's usefullness in context. TIA for any thoughts you are willing to share. C Edit: Dcengr, I just realized this post is a little off topic for this thread. Sorry if I interrupted it...

Edited by Caduceus, 21 January 2007 - 02:00 PM.

#9 Tor

Tor

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

Small and mid cap bull market which began in 1998 is over.
Observer

The future is 90% present and 10% vision.