AAPL melting..

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:21 AM

for those that bought the "AAPL break out".

Guess you weren't listening to what the market was saying? ;)

Posted Image
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#2 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:34 AM

86.87 is Horizontal support below that is 82.11 ---------- I covered the most recent AAPL short posted last week here, and flipped long...will exit long today depending on price action vs 5 and 20 sma's on 13 and 60 min...and ability to sustain a move back above 86.87

Edited by hiker, 22 January 2007 - 10:36 AM.

#3 Sentient Being

Sentient Being

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,262 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:38 AM

If the market could do anything but mumble we would all be rich and not wasting our time posting on Internet boards telling each other what the market is "saying"! :D
In the end we retain from our studies only that which we practically apply.

~ Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe ~

#4 dcengr

dcengr

• Traders-Talk User
  • 13,391 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

If the market could do anything but mumble we would all be rich and not wasting our time posting on Internet boards telling each other what the market is "saying"! :D

:lol: I agree completely, the above remark was just a paraody ;)
Qui custodiet ipsos custodes?

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

wasting our time?

okie dokie

something to ponder.

professionals in the TA biz with professsional credentials do this...wonder why? maybe a community of thought is stronger from the diversity of views ?

Markets mailing list
Markets@mailman.bollingerbands.com
http://mailman.bolli...istinfo/markets

Edited by hiker, 22 January 2007 - 10:45 AM.

#6 mss

mss

I'M WATCHING

• TT Sponsor
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Ya know you have made it very clear in your postings that you don't like AAPL as a stock and as a company. Your expertise in TA is good and worth reading and reviewing. Your snide comments about people who trade AAPL for profit or loss is not reflective of your true skills and worth as a provider of TA value.
I feel sorry for those who did not buy at the drop to 76-78, when the market was talking and did not have trailing stops to get them out after a 20+ point run.
Best to you,
mss
WOMEN & CATS WILL DO AS THEY PLEASE, AND MEN & DOGS SHOULD GET USED TO THE IDEA.
A DOG ALWAYS OFFERS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE. CATS HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT!!

#7 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 11:59 AM

Ya know you have made it very clear in your postings that you don't like AAPL as a stock and as a company. Your expertise in TA is good and worth reading and reviewing. Your snide comments about people who trade AAPL for profit or loss is not reflective of your true skills and worth as a provider of TA value.
I feel sorry for those who did not buy at the drop to 76-78, when the market was talking and did not have trailing stops to get them out after a 20+ point run.
Best to you,
mss

I love the company but I trade the charts.

I am looking for low 70s because that is what the chart tells me. There are a few negative divergences and a scary looking island reversal plus it seems as though everyone including my mother in law is now in love with this company. Where were these people when some of us were pounding the table long ago? Also I can't find any near term catalysts to make it move unless Steve saved something.

After that my long term thinking still says 150. I really try not to let my long term thinking invade my trading.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.