AAPL upgraded...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:26 AM

analist from citibank, the king of thugs.
It is not the doing that is difficult, but the knowing

It's the illiquidity, stupid !

#2 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:27 AM

The reality for consumers is that there are few choices. They can buy a vista PC which may or may not work with their current software if they have a schwab account they will not be able to access that account on the vista PC. I don't know about other accounts. They can buy a computer and run older microsoft software and avoid compatibility issues. or They can buy a mac.
The harder I work, the luckier I get.

#3 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:47 AM

or they save the money to pay their housing loans hiked up through ARM adjustment :D in any case, who are those consumers - cavemen ? Even a homeless in India already got a laptop now. And speaking of cavemen, even those living in caves of Afganistan were found to carry laptops in '03.

#4 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:09 AM

Apple has only a small percentage of the PC market. It really won't take many cavepeople to move the needle. Computers crash all the time and people need to buy new computers. The funny thing is the issue that kept people away from mac (compatibility with existing software) just became a plus for apple. This is really interesting if you think about it. I have been saying for some time the next move in apple stock will not be because of iphone or ipod it will be because of the mac. Also remember apple isn't just a box maker like dell, they benefit from any mac converters in numerous ways the big one being sale of software. I know it is popular to hate apple, I don't understand why though.

#5 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:22 AM

AAPL horizontal S/R 96.39 92.82 86.87 82.11 77.25 vs. Jan 3 rd low of 81.90 feb 6th low of 82.86 conclusion....82.11 horizontal support has held since December 29th 86.87 has held back advances since January 29th. sounds like a horizontal base being built...which direction will the forthcoming base breakout take?

#6 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:38 AM

http://bigcharts.mar...i...&mocktick=1

On every test of today's high, volume goes down. This is what SemiBizz calls bearish upthrust. I expect that now it will test the high once more, and if the volume is even lower, then it will go on to test today's low.

Edit. Test the high of the highest volume candle (1st hour), not the daily high. Seems like it just did that.

I know it is popular to hate apple, I don't understand why though.

I carry Aaple computer all the time. That is what I am using to write this email. However, if I want to upgrade it, shorting AAPL is possibly the best way to do it :D :D

Edited by greenie, 12 February 2007 - 11:35 AM.

#7 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:40 AM

HANS is the trader today....stay long as long as 41.16 last week's high holds... hans now at a multi-mo high...note bearish gap from last yr approx 42.50 to 43.75 h zone of interest

Edited by hiker, 12 February 2007 - 11:43 AM.

#8 securelstmile

securelstmile

• Banned
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

Hiker, I think the vista debacle is the pink elephant in the room that most are ignoring. I can't imagine any thinking person buying a vista computer with all the publicized reports of incompatibility. I have a good friend who is very bright and has been negative on apple for many years because of compatibility concerns but now apple is more compatible than msft. This could be very bad for technology but apple could be the one that comes out smelling like a rose. Many including myself are looking at the low 70s as a possible entry point on apple, I just am not sure we will get it. It is possible that a weak market drags apple down giving us the opportunity of a lifetime because longer term apple will win from the failings of others. I do know that the average individual is starting to become aware of how great a stock apple is which is somewhat worrisome. My entire tennis group including instructor love apple stock. Scary!! But, they are also all consumers which makes me think this is just a point of recognition for the stock and company. If everyone loves the company are they all buying the products. We live in interesting times for sure.

#9 greenie

greenie

• Traders-Talk ~
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:44 AM

HANS is the trader today....stay long as long as 41.16 last week's high holds...

hans now at a multi-mo high...note bearish gap from last yr

Your HANS vs my TXN, you win (but I am catching up ) :)

Anyway, I am holding shorts for few weeks at least. TXN, HOV, ATVI.
Only long - QID.

Edited by greenie, 12 February 2007 - 11:45 AM.

#10 hiker

hiker

independent trader

• TT Member*
  • 12,118 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

greenie, since it appears you are now in Israel..fyi -

IGLD...the first company in Israel to receive a permanent voice over broadband license...

today's advance stopped 1 cent short of the 14.39 multi-year high reached last week.

Feb 6 th news -

http://today.reuters...s...6&type=qcna

excerpt -

012 Golden Lines is the first operator in Israel to receive a VOB permanent licence, Internet Gold (IGLD.O: Quote, Profile , Research) said in a statement.

Bezeq Israel Telecom (BEZQ.TA: Quote, Profile , Research), the country's dominant phone company, said the ministry's new policy would have severe repercussions for the company as it will only be allowed to offer VOB service when its share of the fixed-line telephony market falls below 85 percent.

Bezeq's former monopoly in the fixed-line market was only recently opened to competition.