Mexico's economy loses steam
Da nile is more than a river in Egypt.

#12 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:24 PM

tornadoes are just around the corner!

SHHH! Tomatoes are just around the corner!

Contrary to popular thought, most people in tornado alley, including me, have never actually seen a tornado.
They usually hit a very narrow area and quickly disappear.
One exception was that F5 that hit Norman a few years ago with 300+ mph winds.
But that was the strongest on record.

#13 fib_1618

fib_1618

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,144 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 03:51 PM

"Slower growth could be a result of tighter U.S. border enforcement. That's a sign of progress for border agents but a potential blow for Mexico, where remittances have become a pillar of the economy."

I actually debated sharing this point in my original response as I believed some would had thought it a political bias, but the Times makes a very important point here...and along with the political and economic fallout of NAFTA (as well as the non co-operation between our two countries in several areas), Mexico is going to have a tough road ahead of it under the current government structure - with tourism hurting the most.

Good article - thanks jaw.

SHHH! Tomatoes are just around the corner!

Whoops...must had been a slip of the finger on the keyboard...of course I meant tomatoes are just around the corner! (I'm planting my "Big Boys" in about a month...yum!)

And let's hope you continue to skirt the rage of what I consider the 2nd worst natural disaster that can happen on the planet...the tornado - they're not fun at all.

Fib

Better to ignore me than abhor me.

“Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it” - Benjamin Franklin

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance" - George Bernard Shaw

Demagogue: A leader who makes use of popular prejudices, false claims and promises in order to gain power.

Technical Watch Subscriptions

#14 PorkLoin

PorkLoin

• TT Member*
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:03 PM

Roger:Contrary to popular thought, most people in tornado alley, including me, have never actually seen a tornado.
They usually hit a very narrow area and quickly disappear.
One exception was that F5 that hit Norman a few years ago with 300+ mph winds.
But that was the strongest on record.

My wife and I were in one, April 28, 2002. It's listed as Stark county, OH 1:58 p.m. An F3 with an asterisk, whatever that means.

http://www.vortex-ti...m/TornAlley2002

We were in a Men's Warehouse clothing store, and the sky got really dark. A tornado siren went off and the store manager told everybody to move away from the windows toward a back wall. A half a minute or so later we saw stuff blowing across the parking lot like crazy.

Never saw a funnel cloud or any rotation from inside the store, just hurricane-like winds going west to east. Then all the store windows shattered. Low pressure I guess. That was pretty cool.

The tornado went on east, right across Interstate 77 and died out quickly thereafter. Now there was some inside-store alarm going off - manager said gas leak, everybody out.

In the parking lot there was a Jeep right next to my pickup truck, with both windshields and 3 of 4 windows broken. My truck was okay, amazingly. We went home.

The next morning I leave at 5 a.m. to drive the 85 miles to my employer, and as soon as I'm in the truck and shut the driver's door the rear windshield shatters. :angry:

So that made for a fun drive.

Best,

Doug

#15 Rogerdodger

Rogerdodger

• TT Member*
  • 26,863 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

You will never forget that! Did you hear the train sound? The one which hit Florida before the Super bowl took aim at a mobile home park.' Why do they always do that? One comedian recommended that there should be "decoy" mobile home parks set up to save the rest of us. :lol:

#16 OEXCHAOS

OEXCHAOS

Mark S. Young

• Admin
  • 21,998 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 05:41 PM

OK, no more Communist baiting, folks. It starts getting into other politics too easily. Yes, I know I started it below. Now I'm finishing it. M

Mark S Young
Wall Street Sentiment
Get a free trial here:
http://wallstreetsen...t.com/trial.htm
You can now follow me on twitter