• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 swingtrader

swingtrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

Hi Airedale,

Are you trying to confuse people? Is it Thrust or is it One Way? (some commonality there, of course, to use some Hurst lingo) :D

I trade corn using Dunnigan methods, introduced to me by Airedale. I do not trade index futures with it as my time frame is too short for this methodology.

If anyone is interested, I did a series of posts in Fib's Technical Watch, while I was studying and practicing trading this method. My thanks to Airedale for the Dunnigan tip and also to Fib for letting me ramble over there at Technical Watch.

Link to Technical Watch posts on Dunnigan One Way

If you happen to read the series, take anything I say with a grain of salt, as I am a trading novice and will probably stay that way forever. The source provided by Airedale is the material to read. Well worth it, in my opinion. Trend trading at its finest, with objective rules to help novices like me. You will be greatly disappointed, if your trading style demands a plethora of indicators and gizmos.

Geo

HI, Geo,

I have read your post regarding this method on Fib's site. As I remember, you were trading YM and corn back then using this method. Is this method not good for YM?

Thanks

#12 ChickenLittle

ChickenLittle

• Traders-Talk User
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 03:58 PM

Hi Airedale,

Are you trying to confuse people? Is it Thrust or is it One Way? (some commonality there, of course, to use some Hurst lingo) :D

I trade corn using Dunnigan methods, introduced to me by Airedale. I do not trade index futures with it as my time frame is too short for this methodology.

If anyone is interested, I did a series of posts in Fib's Technical Watch, while I was studying and practicing trading this method. My thanks to Airedale for the Dunnigan tip and also to Fib for letting me ramble over there at Technical Watch.

Link to Technical Watch posts on Dunnigan One Way

If you happen to read the series, take anything I say with a grain of salt, as I am a trading novice and will probably stay that way forever. The source provided by Airedale is the material to read. Well worth it, in my opinion. Trend trading at its finest, with objective rules to help novices like me. You will be greatly disappointed, if your trading style demands a plethora of indicators and gizmos.

Geo

An explanation from Futures magazine, Nov 1998

http://www.allbusine...s/729934-1.html
History always repeats . . . only the details change.

#13 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:20 PM

HI, Geo,

I have read your post regarding this method on Fib's site. As I remember, you were trading YM and corn back then using this method. Is this method not good for YM?

Thanks

I had good success with it, trading only near the close each day, taking multiday swing trades. My attempts to convert to intraday using hourly bars were not too successful on a consistent basis - perhaps due to spiky, noisy nature of the hourly bars. The method will work with any market with some trending tendencies in the time frame of your choice. e.g. I have traded Euro and Cable and still do trade them. For some reason, I just cannot hold equity indices overnight.

I no longer trade YM on a swing basis, as I trade it intensively intraday to pay the rent. Takes too much discipline to be long in one account and short in another. Unfortunately I do not possess that attribute. :(

Easy to test the method on paper, as actions are taken only either near the close or at the open, in some cases.

Geo

#14 da_cheif

da_cheif

• Traders-Talk User
  • 10,960 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

HI, Geo,

Thanks

I had good success with it, trading only near the close each day, taking multiday swing trades. My attempts to convert to intraday using hourly bars were not too successful on a consistent basis - perhaps due to spiky, noisy nature of the hourly bars. The method will work with any market with some trending tendencies in the time frame of your choice. e.g. I have traded Euro and Cable and still do trade them. For some reason, I just cannot hold equity indices overnight.

I no longer trade YM on a swing basis, as I trade it intensively intraday to pay the rent. Takes too much discipline to be long in one account and short in another. Unfortunately I do not possess that attribute. :(

Easy to test the method on paper, as actions are taken only either near the close or at the open, in some cases.

Geo

geo...ur alias seems familiar.......raging bull? SI?......

#15 geosing

geosing

• Traders-Talk User
  • 696 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:49 PM

geo...ur alias seems familiar.......raging bull? SI?......

DaCheif,

I have asked a question or two about CLX in SI and have had some nice exchanges by email with Joanne, who had kindly sent me some historical CLX data for my studies. Before I could calculate them myself, I got them from your VLNC thread, when you used to post them.

Hope I didn't say anything wrong to make you remember my alias, since I don't post much. :)

Geo