• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:10 PM

exactly this is not 1929

if i was short i would be thinking man is this really worth it - fed will mess my position up if the market drops more

and if this is about US and global growth i simply do not see the issue

go and look at www.drybulkindex.com and you will seerecord import and export levels of coal, iron ore, grain, steel etc.

and let's not forget that IMF some weeks ago revised up their estimates for US and global grwoth

the fact that all this happened from wednesday to next opex friday, makes me think this was once again a manipulated move that lost some control

which shows that the market after taking some hits in february and june was a bit weaker than previously

but we've all said what we wanted to say - let's see the action next week -

but if you were short I don't think you could sleep well knowing that Fed could mess you up at any point

all those stories mess me up - focus on the charts, which are still bullish IMO
enjoy the weekend trend-signals ;-

Interesting points. Posted Image

Yes, it is a good thing that we have the Fed or else many will have sleepless nights worrying about market crash or jump out the window after market crash.

Good points on the record level of export/import (backing up Buffett's bullish) and IMF raising US/Global growth.

Have a nice weekend

http://www.ssyonline....html?view=2353
CHINESE STEEL OUTPUT 15-08-2007
China produced a near-record 41.25 Mt of steel in July, according to the latest data. Although this is short of the monthly all-time high of 41.5 Mt in June, the July total is up 14% on the same month last year. Meanwhile, China Daily reports that the country’s vehicle production reached 5.01 million units in the first seven months of the year, marking a year-on-year rise of almost 25%.
Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com

#12 thespookyone

thespookyone

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 03:43 PM

"As commented that RE/subprime bubble is burst, so now we can resume reviving Economy." I hardly feel the bubble is burst. Credit spreads never really reached any level that would indicate that is so. There are many more shoes to drop on this issue, and a .5% discount rate cut, in my opinion, is likely not a big enough carrot for banks to start lunging into buying bad paper. Lets not forget the CONSUMER driven economy we have, either-where was the fed funds rate cut? The asians are clearly concerned about the U.S. consumer-do we fiddle while Rome burns?

Edited by thespookyone, 18 August 2007 - 03:46 PM.

#13 Trend-Signals

Trend-Signals

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:40 PM

I commented on bullish "Global Economy" for the last few years.

CSCO Chambers - the strongest, best global economy which he has seen.

Buffett is buying ...

We will be now thinking of "NEW ECONOMY" with "INTEREST CUT" environment.

http://www.ssyonline....html?view=2353
CHINESE STEEL OUTPUT 15-08-2007
China produced a near-record 41.25 Mt of steel in July, according to the latest data. Although this is short of the monthly all-time high of 41.5 Mt in June, the July total is up 14% on the same month last year. Meanwhile, China Daily reports that the country’s vehicle production reached 5.01 million units in the first seven months of the year, marking a year-on-year rise of almost 25%.

Edited by Trend-Signals, 18 August 2007 - 07:44 PM.

Market Timing ... Trend-Signals.com