David Bensimon - PolarPacific.com

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

David Bensimon in a radio interview today said SP500 will hit 3600 by the end of 2012. Market likely to be in bounce mode until late march then up. He has called the highs and lows (including the level of the recent low last Oct) of the past year virtually perfectly as you can see on his website www.polarpacific.com

We are in what he called a prosperity driven bull market as China, India, Russia and Brazil etc. embrace capitalism and material wealth. Same argument Don Wolanchuk uses but he seems to be even more bullish than Don, looking for the dow to triple from here!

Gold will go up to $1220 by 2010 but it will peak in 2014 ... he didn't give a price for that final peak.

Silver will out perform gold and go to $40 by 2012

Oil will go to $126 this year, which will complete the 3rd wave and then back down to $85 which will power the equity bull market.

This is a very expensive service that is only available to institutions or high net worth individuals. He is considered by many professionals as the best out there. He uses very long cycles and phi -fibonacci ratios - 3/8 and 5/8 which he says everything moves by. He has a book on the big picture long cycles coming out soon...it costs $800

You can see his long term chart in the link below...bottom of page.

http://mywebpages.co...ketforecast.htm

His interview can be heard on www.cknw.com audio vault .... 9 am saturday Jan. 26, 2008.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"In order to master the markets, you must first master yourself" ... JP Morgan
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

http://marketvisions.blogspot.com/

#2 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 06:42 PM

What if..
We are just testing the bottom of ye ol' bubble from above....making it support now and maybe for the rest of most of our lives? Just something to ponder...sorry for the size of the chart...it's two screens wide.
Just trying to show the vibration spots back then....1210 would be the limit ...this is weekly continuous ES.

Posted Image

Edited by Teaparty, 26 January 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#3 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:01 PM

Teaparty, Bensimon said the same thing, after the big run up from 2002 what we saw was just a test of support of that wave, in fact he predicted the recent level virtually exactly last Oct. Another thing mentioned was the importance of the 20 year cycle which 2002 came on but that is a half cycle of the 40 year cycle...1942,1962 1982, 2002, 2022. There is also an 80 year war cycle, revolutionary war of the USA, Civil War, WWII, and 2022 will be the next one....hope he's wrong abou that one. I notice on the old chart of his that can be seen on my link above he was looking for the final low to come in 2004 though so nobody is perfect. Martin Armstrong pi model called that low perfectly and so Armstrong's model is at odds with his forecast as Armstrong would be looking for the next low in mid 2011....if you are reading this cheif you can start puking now. :) The final high in this bull market would be in 2032 based on Armstrong's model and then after that we could expect more serious war as happened ten years after 1929. All this is more academic obviously but interesting.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via" - Latin for "For the tenacious, no road is impossible".
"Most people lose money because they cannot admit they are wrong"... Martin Armstrong

#4 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:06 PM

Didn't Paul Volker,former fed cheif, say NO MORE BUBBLES....3600 SPX by 2012 in your dreams. At the top in 2000 books were written about DOW 36000. Classic rubbish for the Sheeple!

#5 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Didn't Paul Volker,former fed cheif, say NO MORE BUBBLES....3600 SPX by 2012 in your dreams. At the top in 2000 books were written about DOW 36000. Classic rubbish for the Sheeple!

Bensimon gave his prediction for 3600 back in 2003 or earlier. To catagorize the man as a rubbish producer is total bs. He has probably the strongest track record out there.

#6 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

Bensimon gave his prediction for 3600 back in 2003 or earlier. To catagorize the man as a rubbish producer is total bs. He has probably the strongest track record out there.

I've been around a loooog time and have NEVER heard of the man. And I thought i knew them all!

#7 selecto

selecto

• Traders-Talk User
  • 6,871 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

He is down under.

His most recent SPX call shown on his website was good:

Forecast:

Report #34 on 01 OCT highlighted a "significant price/time inflection point at 1578 on 08 OCT" and
310-point drop to 1268 over 12 weeks.

Outcome:

The market delivered a daily closing high for the front futures at 1576 on 09 OCT and intraday high
for the cash index at 1576 on 11 OCT. It then fell 20% over the next 15 weeks to reach the cited
target on 21 JAN.

He also posts his work from time to time on Crystal Ball.

#8 Data

Data

• Validating
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:31 PM

All he's doing is assuming the SPX moves up from the 2002 low for the same length of time and in the same magnitude as the uptrend from 1990 to 2000. He calculates the end date and the target price by this simplistic approach and draws a straight line between the two points.

#9 Russ

Russ

• Traders-Talk User
  • 7,174 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 09:53 PM

I don't think that is correct. He mentioned some very long cycles which he is using for projections that go back much farther then 1990.

All he's doing is assuming the SPX moves up from the 2002 low for the same length of time and in the same magnitude as the uptrend from 1990 to 2000. He calculates the end date and the target price by this simplistic approach and draws a straight line between the two points.

#10 KnowNuttin2

KnowNuttin2

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 01:47 AM

He is down under.

His most recent SPX call shown on his website was good:

Forecast:

Report #34 on 01 OCT highlighted a "significant price/time inflection point at 1578 on 08 OCT" and
310-point drop to 1268 over 12 weeks.

Outcome:

The market delivered a daily closing high for the front futures at 1576 on 09 OCT and intraday high
for the cash index at 1576 on 11 OCT. It then fell 20% over the next 15 weeks to reach the cited
target on 21 JAN.

He also posts his work from time to time on Crystal Ball.

You're so gullible.....He made a million, er i mean billion $$$$$ on this call with his own money. Chucklehead
Aussie. Show me his every call on the mkt going back 10 years. You said he's bullish but yet this call is bearish, yea i know ewave and cycles. NEENER, NEENER Neenerrrrr. Please don't respond just pay for his $800 book. And then go to my $6000 seminar this weekend at the Marriot.