Airedale88 RIP : Posted on Short Term Trading

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#51 wyocowboy

wyocowboy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 424 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

May God bless the Chonski family. The cycle of life sweeps all of us away - and evidently God has terriors in heaven in need of Bob's special skills - Bob's greatest work lies ahead of him......
Good luck is with the man who doesn't include it in his plan.
- Graffitti

#52 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 09:44 PM

Like most everyone on this board, I came to know Bob from the internet and never met him in person, but we did exchange many an email and every so often, we'd talk on the phone. It is so shocking to hear that he passed away suddenly of lung cancer and didn't even know he had it. Life/death is sometimes cruel in its suddenness, but merciful in its swiftness, if that makes any sense (from a cancer perspective). I just had talked to him on Feb 29 after the markets had a severe technical breakdown that day and he was upbeat as always. He was hoping to get in better shape to be able to take his airedale Bolt to compete in shows. Bolt had helped him get over the death of his last airedale, Baron. Now, I fear that Bolt will go through the same dispair along with Ted and the family. The thing that made Bob special was his tireless devotion to teaching and helping anyone interested in Hurst cycles and the markets. Over 25 years, he had been exposed to just about every king of TA, and really had found his niche in Hurst. He also had a great sense of humor and never let an ill-willed poster get to him if they attacked him. He would simply make a joke of it and move on. In the end, he was a kind, unselfish man who was a great educator. After JM Hurst's death, he may have been the foremost Hurst technician on this planet based on the years of experience and time he spent on it, pouring over charts late into the night and periodically updated the commonality and CCA, looking at sectors, foreign exchanges, key individual stocks in key indexes, etc. He loved this stuff and most of us are here because we love it too. I will miss him deeply. My deepest condolences to you Ted and your family. Echo

#53 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

FWIW, here's a link to Aire's last post on iHub:
http://investorshub....age_id=27831623

He died the very next day...
Echo

#54 Guest_cw98_*

Guest_cw98_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

I am deeply saddened by this news, I started to learn Hurst cycle works after following Aire for 3 years, truly amazed by his deep understanding and willingness to share his work. He will be greatly missed. May he rest in peace!

#55 TradeMark

TradeMark

• Traders-Talk User
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:43 AM

May he rest in peace. His helpfulness and contributions will be missed. My condolences to the family. TM

#56 Pabst

Pabst

• Traders-Talk User
  • 293 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:03 AM

I just heard. My deepest condolences.
Free market's for free men!

#57 inamosa

inamosa

Patterns-based Trader and Investor in ETFs and Futures

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

So sad. I wish he was still around.
"Our job is not to predict where the market will go, but to interpret daily price and volume action to ascertain the facts of the current environment and make decisions based on that interpretation."
-Scott O'Neil (son of William O'Neil), Portfolio Manager at O’Neil Data Systems, when asked where the Dow would go in the coming months

#58 Echo

Echo

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:06 PM

Continued sadness as Ted advised me that Airedale's (Bob) and his only sister past away this year, almost to the day a year after Bob did. Ted is now left alone in the Chonski family. Life is sometime too short. Peace. Echo