Once again the sun shines brightly

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:54 AM

:cheer: once again to Sherman and Marian McClellan...

http://stockcharts.c...13391&r=570.PNG

http://stockcharts.c...59633&r=888.PNG

http://stockcharts.c...58969&r=400.PNG

http://stockcharts.c...513972&r=28.PNG

http://stockcharts.c...3392&r=6081.PNG

ALSO: ESLR, JASO, SOLF, STP, TSL, CSIQ...

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#2 bobalou

bobalou

• Traders-Talk User
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

do they make any money,to support the price ?

#3 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:25 AM

Not sure what your question means. If the NASI or NYSI are rising, buy. If they are declining, sell.

Do they make money? Obviously. On FSLR alone, that's 33 pts from 193 in five days, and more percentagewise on some of the others. R.N. Elliott would give his left (and probably his right if he was a Republican) gonad for that kind of reliability (although it's unlikely neither he nor most of his followers would ever adimit it).

Support what price? Look to buy something (ideally, a stock in one of the hottest sectors like these guys or the ETF for one of the hottest sectors) and sell it when you are either tired of making money, or have bought yourself a private jet, and are springing for Eliot Spitzer's sideline squeeze or are looking at a quick daily down candle or finally when the McCellan summation index turns down. Ultimately, it's that simple (although finding the hot sectors makes a big difference...).

Hopefully, that answers your question. Good luck and good trading to you.

"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me because I'd like to hear it again," Groucho Marx (on market history?).

“I've learned in options trading simple is best and the obvious is often the most elusive to recognize.”

"The god of trading rewards persistence, experience and discipline, and absolutely nothing else."

#4 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:41 PM

Taking some profits here, mostly on a "tired of making money" basis. :)

#5 jack

jack

• Traders-Talk User
  • 907 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:16 AM

flsr P/E 316
e/s .75

(I have done no homework to know if or how growth happens here)

#6 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

flsr P/E 316
e/s .75

(I have done no homework to know if or how growth happens here)

Yes, remembrances of the great internet stocks in 1998-1999 -- astronomical P/Es, if they had any earnings, sometimes hardly any revenues. So you buy them anyway because the market's on an upswing and the next day or two you've made 20 percent. And as along as you didn't fall in love with them, you got to keep the profits.

FSLR up at the moment 20 plus percent for this McClellan market swing. Don't know much about the company, but what a great stock.

#7 diogenes227

diogenes227

• TT Patron+
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

Not sure what your question means. If the NASI or NYSI are rising, buy. If they are declining, sell.

Do they make money? Obviously. On FSLR alone, that's 33 pts from 193 in five days, and more percentagewise on some of the others. R.N. Elliott would give his left (and probably his right if he was a Republican) gonad for that kind of reliability (although it's unlikely neither he nor most of his followers would ever adimit it).

Support what price? Look to buy something (ideally, a stock in one of the hottest sectors like these guys or the ETF for one of the hottest sectors) and sell it when you are either tired of making money, or have bought yourself a private jet, and are springing for Eliot Spitzer's sideline squeeze or are looking at a quick daily down candle or finally when the McCellan summation index turns down. Ultimately, it's that simple (although finding the hot sectors makes a big difference...).

Hopefully, that answers your question. Good luck and good trading to you.

Taking some profits here, mostly on a "tired of making money" basis. :)

Took profits on the rest of this sector on the close today on the "McClellan summation index turns down" basis.

Got clipped by the usual slippage and commissions but the tally on the final 15-day swing portion of this trade was roughly:

FSLR - 38 percent
AKNS - 54 percent
LDK - 40 percent
SPWR - 43 percent

(see charts above)

and finally

ASTI -- 80 percent.

http://stockcharts.c...8969&r=1034.png

There was also ESLR, JASO, SOLF, STP, AND TSL if anyone is interested in looking them up.

Good luck and good trading to all.