• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 eminimee

eminimee

I don't care who's fur is flying...

• TT Member
  • 14,307 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:11 PM

The balance of the triangle...consolidation while the consumer tucks some possible savings away while paying off his debt.....and financials take the time to repair the damage after coming completely clean soon.
http://stockcharts.com/c-sc/sc?s=$OEX&p=W&yr=9&mn=6&dy=0&i=p57106758944&a=106691891&r=3882.png

#2 oextrader

oextrader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 511 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:27 PM

That chart is wishful thinking. I would be surprised if we head down as you are suggesting. Rick

#3 xe2dy

xe2dy

• Traders-Talk User
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 04:43 PM

Tea, do not be dismayed. Many here among us look forward to your sharing your charts and/or opinion. And besides that your related comments make sense, IMO.

‘Enormous Bank Losses’ Lie Ahead…Carlyle’s Rubenstein Says

http://mrmortgage.ml-implode.com/

Edited by OEXCHAOS, 25 July 2009 - 05:50 PM.

#4 skott

skott

• Traders-Talk User
  • 4,712 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

thanks, TP haven't exchanged posts with your for some time. You probably don't even remember me ...... I don't come around too often anymore ......just at tops and bottoms :D

#5 ed rader

ed rader

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,390 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:27 PM

thanks, TP haven't exchanged posts with your for some time. You probably don't even remember me ...... I don't come around too often anymore ......just at tops and bottoms :D

so what's the occasion this time B) ?

ed rader

"Everybody's got plans... until they get hit."

-- Mike Tyson

http://erader.zenfolio.com/

#6 marco

marco

• Traders-Talk User
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:44 PM

Tea, just wondering if an alternate call might not be a cup and handle. Granted, the cup is not exactly rounded, and I don't know if downward slants at the top are allowed, but it does almost have that look. Actually, I'm basing this on having just seen a similar-scale chart of SPX, where it looks a bit more like a cup. So I guess I'm guilty of projection. :lol: Anyway, just tossing it out... Maybe the C&H experts can weigh in and tell me I'm wrong. :D

#7 Islander

Islander

• Traders-Talk User
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

It looks as probable as anything I have seen. My dividend portfolio is up about 7% YTD, and my trades are ahead a little. I suspect that in this time period energy and gold will do well. I can not be discouraged. I admire the man who attempts to define the Macro environment for us. Well done. Best, Islander.

#8 borland

borland

• Traders-Talk User
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:09 PM

Tea, just wondering if an alternate call might not be a cup and handle.

Granted, the cup is not exactly rounded, and I don't know if downward slants at the top are allowed, but it does almost have that look.

Actually, I'm basing this on having just seen a similar-scale chart of SPX, where it looks a bit more like a cup. So I guess I'm guilty of projection. :lol:

Anyway, just tossing it out... Maybe the C&H experts can weigh in and tell me I'm wrong. :D

The right side of a C&H pattern is just a bullish pattern of higher-lows and higher-highs. The C&H breakout is just price breaking above resistance with no overhead sell supply. The dimishing volume in the cup handle is a warning that selling is drying up.

I don't think TP ever looks for similar overhead supply with his advanced chart analysis which excludes trading volume.

#9 A-ha

A-ha

• Traders-Talk User
  • 5,875 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 10:37 PM

Did you put me on ignore too Teaparty ... you stopped cursing suddenly.... I think you are ignoring me arent you? ooo please

Edited by A-ha, 17 May 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#10 pdx5

pdx5

I want return OF my money more than return ON my money

• Traders-Talk User
  • 9,521 posts

Posted 17 May 2008 - 11:50 PM

so what's the occasion this time B) ?

ed rader

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:purebs: :clap: :cheer:
"Money cannot consistently be made trading every day or every week during the year." ~ Jesse Livermore Trading Rule